Experienced Cellar Operator
Avery Brewing Co.Apply for Job
Avery Brewing Co. is a Boulder, Colorado based, family-owned craft brewery established in 1993. Avery produced ~55k bbls of beer in 2018 with a crew of 160 employees throughout the Restaurant, Production, Sales, & Admin areas.
Experienced Cellar Operator
Position Overview: An Avery Cellar operator takes ownership of beer quality from the brewhouse to the bright tank. Filtration, dry-hopping, adjunct additions, moving beer, and handling yeast are all tasks that are the responsibility of the Cellar department.
- Stop the job for safety.
- Filtration utilizing centrifuge and polish filtration equipment.
- Beer maintenance, yeast monitoring, dry hopping, and additions of sanitary post fermentation ingredients.
- Yeast management including harvesting, pitching, and maintaining of yeast propagation systems.
- Must be able to work closely with our lab daily regarding fermentation management, and cellar processes.
- CIP using both manual and automated processes of fermenters, BBTs, pipe fencing, and filtration equipment.
- Thorough knowledge and capable of support for both brewhouse and packaging operations.
- Must maintain a safe and tidy environment.
- Take direction on daily tasks by Senior Cellar Operators and Cellar Management.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills of both daily issues and positive highlights across your shift.
- Attend sensory education and panel when available.
- Minimum of 2 years production brewery experience with a minimum of 1 year filtration experience including centrifuge and polish filtration.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, task-oriented environment with the ability to efficiently multitask during an 8-10 hour shift.
- Thorough knowledge of yeast handling and propagation experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work closely with Engineering to troubleshoot and correct issues.
- Willing to work a rotating seven day a week 24hr. schedule across three shifts (AM,PM, and Swing).
- Brewing education highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Westfalia GEA centrifuges and Handtmann cellar systems utilizing the Siemens WinCC automation environment would be highly preferred
- Experience with Orchestrated Beer or other SAP based inventory management software
- Knowledge and capabilities of following PPE, GMP, and HACCP rules and regulations.
- Ability to lift 20kg. boxes to shoulder height.
- Ability to work in environments requiring twisting, bending, pulling, and pushing in tight areas.
- Ability to stand for the duration of a shift
- Ability to climb a ladder
This position offers competitive pay based on experience. Benefits include a 3% match for 401(k) contributions, medical and dental insurance at 50% after 90 days and premiums are covered at 100% after 18 months of service. Paid time off and paid company holidays are all available with tenure. Avery Brewing Co. is a family-owned company that provides many benefits not listed here including but not limited to an RTD Eco Pass, pro-deal discounts, and a very liberal beer sampling program.