Oregon State Sales Manager
Bale Breaker Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Crafting fresh-off-the-farm brews from the middle of a hop field, Bale Breaker Brewing Company is a family-owned brewery located in the beautiful Yakima Valley. Backed by four generations of hop farming experience, Bale Breaker started in 2013, and has grown to become the fifth largest independent craft brewery in Washington. With a 30-barrel brewhouse and a 27,000 square foot facility, we craft five year-round canned beers, including the widely celebrated Topcutter IPA. We also have a 5-barrel pilot brewhouse, the Imagination Station, where we test and develop new recipes. We currently distribute statewide in Washington as well as in northern Idaho and western Oregon.
ABOUT THE JOB
Bale Breaker is currently seeking a motivated and charismatic sales professional with a passion for craft beer to join our team as our OREGON STATE SALES MANAGER. This person will serve as a key member of the sales team and will be responsible for growing relationships with our distributors and cultivating relationships with retail accounts in the market. This full-time, salaried position will report directly to the ownership team and is based out of Portland, OR with expectations of traveling throughout our Oregon distribution footprint and occasional trips to the brewery in Yakima.
The Oregon Area Sales Manager will interact with many distinct groups and have a wide range of responsibilities. All job details listed below are intended to support the principal goals of sharing the Bale Breaker story, helping to build our brand, and driving sales within the Oregon market.
- DISTRIBUTORS: Routine training and education of sales personnel, working the local market together.
- RETAIL ACCOUNTS: Cultivating existing relationships, building our account base, coordinating events and promotions.
- FESTIVALS & LOCAL RELATIONS: Be an ambassador for Bale Breaker Brewing Company in your community.
- BREWERY: Attendance at sales meetings and trainings, team-building events, and learning about our beer & culture.
Our current territory in Oregon reaches from The Dalles, through Portland, and down the I-5 corridor into SW Oregon.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years of sales experience in craft beer/beverage industry in the state of Oregon
- Positive, upbeat and enthusiastic personality
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Superb written & verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think quickly and creatively to address unique consumer situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company in a team environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with occasional weekends and evenings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs
- Valid drivers license, clean driving record, reliable transportation
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS (benefits available after 60-90 day waiting period)
- Competitive salary (determined by experience) with potential for performance bonuses
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% employer contribution)
- Retirement plan (with 3% company match)
- Company-sponsored life insurance policy
- Paid time off and holidays
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter, highlighting your previous experience working with distributors, your passion for craft beer, your required salary, and anything else that you would like us to know about you. Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Oregon State Sales Manager”. Please note, we will NOT consider resumes submitted without a cover letter. DEADLINE: March 31, 2019
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bale Breaker Brewing Company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.