Junior Sales Manager, Convenience Channel
CPG Snack Division of Cheese CompanyApply for this Job
Position: Sales/Broker Manager C-Store Channel
Company – Schuman Cheese, Brand “Whisps”
Schuman Cheese is a fourth-generation Italian cheese company based in New Jersey. Founded in 1945 as an importing business, today the family-owned business is also a cheese manufacturer and processor with a diverse network of partner cheese companies and customers around the globe.
Whisps, Schuman Cheese’s first CPG snack, are a Keto friendly, airy, crispy, crunchy, and tasty crisp made solely from one ingredient: 100% true Schuman award winning cheeses! Whisps are an excellent source of calcium and protein. They are also enjoyed in a salad, a soup topper, or by the handful straight out of the bag. Starting as a grocery item at COSTCO, Whisps have expanded rapidly across the grocery and alternative channels and we are looking for a regional sales manager to help us expand our growth in the Convenience Channel.
We are looking for an organized, self-starting, enthusiastic, and experienced CPG sales manager who has an entrepreneurial spirit and an understanding of the Convenience Channel. Reporting to the National Sales Director, the Sales Manager will have a key role in our C-Store business. The successful candidate will have the passion, expertise and drive to help us develop new business opportunities and accelerate our growth in recent distributor and retail wins.
- Manage regional specific broker and distributor network – track, analyze and optimize broker and distributor performance to increase distribution, promotion and in-store presence for an assigned territory.
- Establish a schedule with our National Sales Manager where you will set priorities, share account updates and ensure we are on the calendar for key customer category reviews.
- Work directly with assigned broker account managers on setting up promotions, reviewing sales data and address opportunities and concerns.
- Develop fact based selling stories and effective sales presentations for our broker account team.
- Maintain positive business relationships with key retailers and distributors.
- Contribute to the company’s overall strategy for growth, sales, new distribution, and help achieve our goal of building a recognized national brand.
- Make sales call with broker and attend trade shows.
- Key participant in sales meetings and conference calls with our management team and broker team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience as a key account manager and, or broker manager in the C-store or grocery class of trade.
- Must have demonstrated a proven track record of successfully growing sales and achieved new product points of distribution and building strong customer relationships.
- Must be a self-starter with strong multi-tasking skills and excellent communication and follow-up.
- Able to solve problems with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of snack product category is helpful but not required.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- People skills - can build positive and productive relationships with customers and our broker partner.
- Proficiency with Salesforce and MS Office utilizing Power Point and a solid understanding of basic Excel math