Business Systems Manager
Lagunitas Brewing CompanyApply for Job
Provides leadership and project management over the design, development, implementation, reporting, security, integration, and maintenance of the business financial platforms for Lagunitas. Utilizing extensive knowledge of finance, technology, operations, and various other business processes, the Business Systems Manager directs the full range of project activities from original concept through final implementation. The Business Systems Manager is the primary point of contact between Finance, Operations, IT, and other business process owners. Manages external consulting relationships and expenses, and provides leadership to a team of Business Systems Analysts.
What you'll do:
- Lead the strategic implementation and ongoing enhancement of the Sage X3 ERP platform.
- Gather input from key stakeholders; analyze, design and document new workflows, policies, procedures and associated business technology requirements.
- Work with business stakeholders to assess cost-benefit of customizations and evaluate/recommend alternatives. Balance opportunities to innovate with pragmatism. Facilitate and determine realistic expectations.
- Manage relationships with vendors and consultants, including invoicing and cost control, project implementations, and service level agreements.
- Assess functionality of third-party software to determine optimal fit with company needs, including integration.
- Provide project management leadership on all Finance system initiatives - research and identify solutions, define project scope and objectives, estimate time and cost requirements, establish project schedules, manage project costs, track progress against deadlines and lead project teams to complete project deliverables on schedule.
- Oversee testing of new and upgrades to software - develop testing plans, assist in testing and resolution; ensure the successful completion of system and user acceptance testing prior to go-live, including results verification and documented sign-off.
- Monitor systems post-implementation to ensure data integrity and process compliance; Assist with development and testing of IT SOX policies. Work with management and staff on a continual basis to identify new opportunities for improvement based on changes in business requirements, workflow, or available technologies.
- Serve as a liaison between user community and technology partners.
- Oversee the architecture of the Sage X3 platform to ensure data integrity, compatibility and integration with other systems.
- Provide leadership in reporting and business intelligence.
- Provide platform leadership for all business systems, including patches, major upgrades, backups, security, etc.
- Other duties and projects as directed.
What we're lookin' for:
- 5 or more years of experience managing complex accounting and financial Information systems, either as internal I.T. staff support or as a consultant/software provider.
- Proven experience building and leading successful teams through a collaborative leadership style; demonstrated leadership capacity motivating and developing teams.
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in Management Information Systems, Accounting, or Business.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- ERP management experience within a medium to large company (Sage Enterprise Management (X3), Microsoft AX, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Navision, etc.).
- Experience with Web Services, cXML, EDI, or other integration methods preferred.
- Experience with order-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes and platforms preferred.
- Budgeting and business intelligence software experience preferred.
- Knowledge of warehouse and manufacturing systems preferred.
- General understanding of networking, servers, computer workstations, and peripheral devices required.
- Knowledge of inventory, manufacturing, sales, purchasing and other business processes required.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, PMP certification preferred; Solid accounting and process design skills.
- Experienced leading cross-functional change management initiatives.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, walk, reach, twist and turn.
- Ability to lift up to 38 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Work environment is indoors, majority of the time is spent sitting at a desk.
- Ability to travel occasionally (less than 20%).