National Key Accounts Manager
Dixie BreweryApply for this Job
Dixie Brewery was founded in New Orleans in 1907. For the better part of the 20th century, Dixie was a quintessential part of New Orleans tradition, culture and history.
Dixie is back! Under new ownership and with two state-of-art production and craft brew houses (slated to come online in Q3-2019), Dixie is again expanding its sales team with the addition of a Senior National Key Accounts role. This role will report directly to Dixie’s General Manager and leverage the brand’s existing footprint and relationships throughout LA, MS, AL, TX, FL and new markets. The role serves as a mentor and leader to the other members of the sales team and works with the state Sales Managers and Dixie’s wholesalers to program and execute chain opportunities across all markets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Grow Dixie’s footprint with regional and national chain accounts (on- and off-premise) using strategies that build long-term mutually beneficial growth
- Expand Dixie’s customer base and increase placements
- Develop and execute chain strategies, as well as programming, in accordance with the overall sales strategy of Dixie Beer
- Drive training programs for internal and external staffs
- Develop in-depth competitive market knowledge and intelligence to create unique opportunities for Dixie placements and programs.
- Maintain management control system for planning, directing and organizing sales and marketing activities within assigned accounts.
- Develop, implement and monitor a plan to ensure financial budget adherence
- Maintain, monitor and demonstrate competency regarding trade pricing and marketing programs in on- and off-premise
- Influence effective wholesale and retail pricing
- Keep abreast of market trends through regular market visits, store visits in account base territories to understand each accounts mission, goals, display space and discover opportunities
- Communicate ads, displays, post-offs, QDs, Limited Time Offers (LTO) and in & outs to General Manager, Sales team and relevant distributors. Track execution and ROI on quarterly basis
- Utilize data comprehension software/analytics such as IRI/Nielsen/VIP to seek out new growth opportunities.
- Represent Dixie at industry and chain conferences throughout the southeast region
At a minimum, the Key Account Manager must have the following qualifications:
- Based out of Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, or Texas (must live in a state that Dixie has current distribution within)
- Distributor management experience
- Established relationship/contact base for national accounts and demonstrated track record of success in chain accounts
- Be a trusted resource for category managers, buyers and our distributor KAM’s
- Ability to travel extensively
- 10+ years of sales experience in a beer/wine and spirits/distributor environment
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable source of transportation
- Have excellent organization and communication skills
- Have physical ability to lift and move cases of beer frequently
- Have ability to maintain professionalism during and after the consumption of alcohol
- Comfortable with public speaking and possess excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office Suites, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Dixie Brewing Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. Dixie Brewing Company will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, gender, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. Dixie Brewing Company is committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process