Lead Production Cellarman
Platform Beer CompanyApply for this Job
In addition to executing the roles and responsibilities of a Cellarman, The Lead Production Cellarman will work directly with the Head Brewer to execute all tasks related to the Cellaring program to include but not limited to;
- Constant evaluation of cellar processes with the intent to improve efficiency and quality on a daily basis.
- Development of standard operating procedures where none exist and improving upon ones that already exist to ensure uniformity and product consistency as well as ease of training new personnel.
- Ensuring that all cellar equipment and assets are in good working order, troubleshooting problems as they arise and ensuring that routine preventative maintenance is performed on problem areas.
- Maintaining staffing in the cellar, ensuring that all scheduled cellar tasks are executed as planned.
- Communicating any issues that should arise with scheduling, staffing, equipment, ingredients, or any other area pertaining to the cellaring process directly to the Head Brewer at the earliest convenience.
- Having a working understanding of the inventories associated with the cellaring process and reconciling monthly inventories with the business department.
- Ensuring that cellar staff is performing duties to company standards.
- Recipe development and innovation.
- Managing yeast volumes, generations, and types to ensure healthy fermentations.
- Working with the Head Brewer and Lab personnel to ensure the highest quality fermentations, trouble shooting areas of concern or uncertainty and maintaining standards in assured areas.
- Ensuring that Cellar records (E.G. dates, gravities, temperatures, yeast pitches, DO, volumes) are maintained without exception.
- Maintaining a relentless familiarity with all fermentations and keeping the Head Brewer aware of situations that may positively or negatively affect the brewing and cellaring schedules.
- Conducting training of new additions to the cellar team, conducting training of new equipment and procedures to all cellar staff.
- Ensuring that cleanliness and sanitation standards are being upheld by all cellar personnel.
- Organizing, maintaining, and being accountable for all pieces/parts/systems that pertain to the cellaring process.
The ideal candidate for the Lead Production Cellarman opportunity is a team-oriented, professional who requires little direction in day-to-day activities.
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent GED
- Minimum 2 years in brewery setting preferred
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Detail Oriented
- A high growth company in the process of establishing a streamlined business model.
- A fast-paced environment which involves many short notice tasks and schedule changes.
- An independent work structure that evaluates based upon accomplishment of goals
- An image conscious organization that focuses on customer service at all costs.
- A 24/7 business servicing a high volume and profitable product offered by our clients.
This job description/advancement opportunity in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor
I have received a copy of my job description and I understand the requirements of the Lead Production Cellarman position
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location