Kulshan Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Kulshan Brewing Company is always looking for fun, smart people who share our passion for making award-winning beer and inspire us with their ideas and work ethic. We currently have an open position for a Brewer in our Production Department. If you would like to apply for this open position, please visit our website http://www.kulshanbrewery.com/jobs to download our employment application. Once you’ve completed the Job Application, please submit your Resume, Cover Letter and Job Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline for this position is 04/30/2019. We thank you for your interest and time spent applying to work for Kulshan Brewing Company.
Job Title: Brewer
Reports To: Head Brewer
Position Type: Full Time, Hourly
Shift: Approximately 10 hours per day, 4 weekdays per week. Occasionally weekends and overtime are needed.
Education Requirement: High School diploma or GED Required
Age: 21 or above
Work Experience: Professional work production experience required, as well as experience in cellaring and packaging.
Requirements: Attention to detail, meticulous cleanliness, concise and thorough communicator, and the ability to work long, strenuous hours while staying positive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequency sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
All protocols are followed completely throughout shift
Continued diligence to promoting a safety culture throughout the company
Brewer job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strict adherences to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assists in developing, maintaining and ensuring compliance of SOPs
- Ensures Kulshan Brewing Company quality standards through all Beer Production activities
- Cleaning and sanitation of all process equipment
- Holds self and employees accountable for maintaining a sanitary and micro-biologically stable work environment
- Production of consistently excellent wort
- Transferring of Wort to Fermentation vessels
- Perform essential sensory and instrumentation throughout each process
- Reviews and acts upon critical process control data
- Fermentation data tracking including; Cell Counting, Attenuation, pH, Temperature, sensory and Diacetyl testing.
- Taking direction from Head Brewer and the ability to work independently. Open to innovation and engaged in process improvement
- Advocates a continuous improvement culture through close collaboration with the Head Brewer and Operations Managers
- Ensures completion of Brewer Preventative Maintenance and Brewery Cleaning tasks in collaboration with all production staff
- Participation in taste panel work as directed
- Attend and participate constructively in meetings
- Contribute to positive work environment through open and constructive dialog
- Shifts on canning line when needed
- Shifts Keg washing when needed
- Regular shifts with filtration, packaging and other cellaring responsibilities
- Accurate daily record keeping
- Yeast management awareness
- Thorough communication with inventory, warehouse, brewhouse and management staff
- Promotes cooperation and teamwork
- Enthusiasm for craft beer and a commitment to quality
- Represent Kulshan Brewing Co. at special events.
Kulshan’s Mission Statement:
Our mission is to sustainably produce exceptional beer, bring people together, maintain a fun and fulfilling workplace and give back to our community.
Kulshan’s Core Values:
Sustainability. Sustainability at Kulshan means profitability, caring for our employees and being good stewards of our environment.
Passion and Fun. We are passionate, hardworking, and dedicated to our shared purpose of brewing exceptional beer, providing exceptional service, and having fun while we do it.
Community Engagement. We are actively involved in our local community as philanthropists, as a gathering place, and as educators of craft beer culture.
Teamwork and Cooperation. We listen to and learn from one another. We show our appreciation for one another and collaborate within our organization and with others in the brewing community.
Quality and Innovation. We take pride in the continuous improvement of our products, services, and relationships, and in introducing new products and processes into the craft beer culture.
Respect and Inclusivity. We embrace the uniqueness of every customer and employee, trusting one another to do our jobs and live out the Kulshan values.
Transparency and Accountability. We share information, keep our word, and create an atmosphere of openness, accountability, and integrity.