Intuition Ale WorksApply for this Job
Intuition Ale Works is hiring a junior-level, Jacksonville-based Brand Manager that will report to our Director of Sales.
This position requires an excellent work ethic, passion for craft beer, an attention to detail, knowledge of breweries and beer styles, and the ability to help Intuition continue to grow at the retail and distributor level throughout our home market.
The focus of the job is to work with distributors and key retailers to further build Intuition’s business in Jacksonville, in both the on and off-premise markets. Experience working with local distributors and retail accounts is critical to success in this position.
This position requires computer knowledge and proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite (including the ability to enter, retrieve, and interpret data in spreadsheets), the ability to understand the market planning process, a deep understanding and use of selling skills, public speaking skills, and the ability to express oneself in an articulate, succinct and professional manner. The ability to write clearly and coherently is crucial.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, as they will often work without direct supervision.
Compensation for this role is competitive and will be based on experience.
The Jacksonville Brand Manager will plan, organize, and lead sales functions to optimize profit and meet financial growth objectives by performing the following duties:
- Call on accounts throughout the Jacksonville market, working closely with the Director of Sales to develop a detailed and strategic selling process. Sales calls may include educating on and off-premise accounts about new and limited releases; maintaining inventory levels; establishing point of sale placements; selling in additional shelf space when possible; rotating product and filling shelves; planning promotional activities; and, following up on delivery issues.
- Represent Intuition in a professional manner at beer festivals and other market events, including occasional late nights and weekend travel.
- Ensure consistency with all marketing and sales activities throughout the Jacksonville region as well as consistency with the rest of the company and our brand.
- Provide daily updates to the Director of Sales regarding sales routes, market feedback, and quality issues.
- Prepare weekly and monthly paperwork on time and in a neat, legible, and professional manner. This includes completing required computer tracking and sales reports, as well as expense reports, new item forms, surveys, and work orders.
- Establish and monitor quality control standards, especially regarding product freshness. Communicate and troubleshoot quality issues with both Champion Brands (our Jacksonville distributor) and internal company departments when necessary.
- Make daily decisions regarding retail inventory levels using past sales history, sales data tools, competitive activity and special promotional activities.
- Assist with the set-up and participation of in-store promotions and special events. Participate in evening and weekend promotions as necessary.
- In coordination with Intuition’s leadership team, participate in overall area sales strategy and goal planning.
- View the competitive Jacksonville market with an entrepreneurial spirit to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and penetration.
- Maintain self-education on Intuition brands, and market trends within the craft beer industry.
- Plan and participate in regular sales training activities including presenting at sales meetings with Director of Sales and COO, as well as riding with sales personnel in Jacksonville.
- Must be able to work long hours and travel as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license free of any major violations in the last FIVE years and vehicle insurance in good standing.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to Daniel@intuitionale.com