Green Coffee Sales Manager
Mitsui Foods, Inc.Apply for this Job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Take initiative in expanding MFI’s global coffee business focusing on the North American market.
- Drive sales of green coffee:
- Execute sales of coffee to North American customers, make sales calls and presentations.
- Manage overall relationship with existing customers. Follow up through delivery of goods and manage any troubles and claims.
- Comprehensively manage the flow of purchasing, sales, logistics and delivery of green coffee.
- Interact and communicate with other division members for smooth overall operation as well as with Mitsui global coffee team members.
- Understand all aspects of the coffee market (futures trading, supply/demand, quality control, etc.).
- Mentor junior members of division to learn business.
- Collaborate with Vice President to develop long-term projects with customers and engage in overall discussions on global strategy making.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS degree and five years’ experience in sales of food products or the equivalent combination of training and experience which indicates the ability to do the job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and business customers.
- Ability to identify and execute priorities in a multi-task business environment.
- Willingness and ability to learn, adapt, co-work and proactively contribute in a team environment.
- Experience with Japanese culture and language can be helpful, but not at all required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel requirement of up to 20% of total workload both international and domestic.