Tasting Room Manager
DC Brau Brewing LLCApply for Job
DC Brau Brewing Company in Washington, DC, is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Tasting Room Manager to direct our On-Site Retail and Sales Team!
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewing Company has become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. We are currently looking for a Tasting Room Manager to manage DC Brau’s On-Site Retail and Sales operations.
The Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for directing tasting room operations and overseeing the DC Brau Growler Hours team. Applicants must have relevant experience in the hospitality and/or service industry. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION. It is an excellent opportunity for a professional with extensive hospitality experience and interest in leading our Growler Hours team and facilitating on-premise sales within a rapidly expanding brewery.
Our ideal Tasting Room Manager has a deep passion for craft beer, superior customer service skills, and the ability to represent the DC Brau brand and company mission. This professional must also have direct supervisory experience and knowledge of federal and District of Columbia regulations regarding alcohol service, restaurant operations, and licensing.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve DC Brau beer in a fashion that communicates the brewery’s passion for quality, knowledge, and customer service at all times.
- Explain DC Brau brands in an accessible, engaging way to guests both familiar and new to the brewery’s brands.
- Manage Growler Hours Staff and facilitate the flow of tasting bar activities, including pre- and post-shift tasks.
- Coordinate tasting room scheduling and staffing during normal operating hours and for on- and off-site special and private events, as needed.
- Monitor product inventory and ensure stock is rotated, replenished, and stored properly.
- Assure all sales information, cash counts, and payroll data are accurately maintained and communicated to the CEO and HR & Administrative Manager.
- Coordinate food vendors during weekend operations and work with artists and other talent for GH performances/exhibitions.
- Maintain draft system and beer dispensing equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience managing staff and facilitating service in a quick-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ethical and accurate operation of point-of-sale systems and cash-handling.
- Familiar with how to accurately check IDs of patrons for legal drinking age and ID validity.
- Ability to promote and practice compliance with fire, health, safety, and hygiene standards.
- Maintain familiarity with District of Columbia alcohol regulations and responsible serving practices.
- Ability to obtain an ABC Manager’s License and a Food Safety Manager License within 90 days.
- Ability to become a Cicerone Certified Beer Server within 4-6 months.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members.
- Physical ability to lift and move cases of beer and occasionally half-kegs and sixtels.
DC Brau is offering full-time, salaried exempt employment for this position. After an onboarding period, full-time employees are offered benefits including medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, holidays and a company-sponsored retirement investment plan.
DC Brau is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and we implement policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees.
If you are interested in joining our team, submit your resume and cover letter to our Career Center.