Topa Topa Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Topa Topa Brewing Company
We are looking for a self-motivated, hard working, dedicated individual to join our Production team! The Delivery Driver is primarily responsible for account deliveries of Topa Topa products including, but not limited to, beer and merchandise products, as well as keg cleaning. This includes at least three days per week of account deliveries within but not limited to a 100-mile radius for self-distributed products.
The Deliver Driver will also take ownership of maintenance and upkeep of our Class C Vehicle as well as regularly support the warehousing team in preparing and tracking orders for delivery. Candidates must share Topa Topa’s commitments to quality, safety, business ethics, and continuous innovation. And, a love for craft beer is necessary!
The ideal candidate will be a passionate advocate for Independent Craft Beer and be motivated to grow within the company and stay for the long term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading, unloading, and delivery of finished pallets from the brewery to our off-site cold storage location
- Loading and unloading of company vehicles including operating mechanized ramp equipment to load and unload packages
- Preparing and delivering kegs and packaged products to our additional tasting room locations, and key accounts, including but not limited to Los Angeles, Ca.
- Securing cargo for transport
- Supporting the occasional delivery of a keg as needed to accounts with last-minute requests
- Picking up equipment and materials from local vendors
- Providing efficient and safe delivery and pick-up, while representing the company in a professional manner
- Helping maintain an organized warehouse and cold box
- Preparing orders alongside our Warehouse team
- Obtaining customer signature for goods delivered
- Keeping a maintenance log on our Class C Vehicle and assuming ownership of the upkeep and cleanliness of this vehicle
- Keeping customers informed by answering questions regarding products and service
- Ensuring packages conform to Topa Topa’s features of service, that proper labeling is provided, and that all paperwork is complete, neat, and accurate
- Determining legality of packages including special requirements for dangerous goods and international shipments; separating packages by service type and destination, in accordance with established procedures
- Cleaning, washing and performing minor maintenance to company vehicles as necessary, maintaining neat and clean personal appearance to uphold company's public image
- Operating appropriate warehouse equipment including a forklift, hand truck, and pallet jack and maintain a valid forklift certification
- Keg washing
- Responsible for retrieving empty kegs and processing them through a dedicated station that cleans and sanitize kegs.
- Operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment on the keg line.
- Ensuring product quality through visual inspection and quality assurance checks.
- Notifying supervisor of any safety concerns
- General warehouse duties
- Other tasks as required
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application
- Must be able to pass a motor vehicle background check
- Must have and maintain an active Class C driver’s license
- Preferred High School Diploma or GED and one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred prior experience within the food and beverage industry
- Knowledge of proper use of tape guns and banding machine as required by package type
- Knowledge in organizing and distributing items, materials and merchandise
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Ability to develop relationships with customers and provide a high level of customer service
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Good attendance
- Desire to work in a fast paced, growing company
- Willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for prolonged periods
- Able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift
- Able to balance - pulling product, climb in and out of truck
- Able to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Able to read and follow written English instructions
- Able to regularly lift/carry 75 pound boxes
- Able to maneuver packages of any weight above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
- Able to regularly lift/carry 55 pound bags above waist level
- Able to periodically lift/move 165 pounds
- Able to work in a factory/production environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot
- Able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors
- Able to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Two weeks paid time off
- Sick leave
- Company tab
- More free beer than you can probably ever consume and good vibes to boot.
Topa Topa Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.