Sales Manager - Maine
Willie's SuperbrewApply for this Job
What’s a “Superbrew”? We made it up. Because nothing tastes quite like it. Willie’s Superbrew is a hard seltzer blended with hundreds of pounds of real fruit. It’s gluten free and low in carbs and calories, like you’d expect from a seltzer, but there is so much more flavor because instead of artificial or “natural” flavors, we’re using real ingredients.
Described by Food & Wine (2017) as “for the family member that literally will not drink any beer… dry, surprisingly complex and completely quaffable… even the beer diehards in the house will be grabbing for one of these.” We have won multiple gold medals for our recipes in international competitions, were hand-chosen by the Founder & CEO of Chobani to participate in Chobani’s Food Incubator for up and coming food & beverage entrepreneurs, and most recently won the Brewbound Pitch Slam.
It all started when a goat farmer and a surfing neuroscientist met on the beach. They decided they wanted to make the perfect drink for the occasion. Now, we are a small, Boston-based team with heart and hustle unified by our mission to bring real ingredients, transparency, and soul to alcohol. Join us?
At Willie’s, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day. We believe that they are the glue that keeps us all together, and keeps us moving forward, improving, and growing as individuals and as a company:
- Foster Growth
- No B.S.
- Have a Soul
- Be Curious and Innovate
- Live Responsibly
Job Overview: Sales Manager - Maine
At Willie’s, sales = relationships. You are a partner, rather than a "salesperson". As a Willie’s Superbrew Sales Manager, you will have the opportunity to have ownership over the growth of your sales territory. You will assume direct responsibility for over 100 accounts - including liquor stores, grocery stores, bars, and restaurants whom you will see on a weekly or monthly basis. Additionally, you’ll have the consistent opportunity to scope out & pursue our next perfect partner accounts to work with. You will work closely with our distributor as a partner, managing progress through frequent weekly communications to complement and augment your efforts in the field. You will own the entire sales process in your market, and directly impact the growth of Willie’s Superbrew in this territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our Head of Sales and our Distributor partner to build a successful plan of growth for your territory
- Own the entire sales process & management of accounts in your territory to ensure everyone is up to date, excited about the brand, educated about our product and new products, and has our items in stock
- Work very closely with our distributor partner to manage the market, make new sales and identify opportunities for growth - updating them daily/weekly with your sales activities and working with reps and brand managers on a weekly basis as partners to maximize sales opportunities and distributor share of mind
- Increase rate of sale through: additional SKU distribution, cooler visibility, displays, marketing materials, and other strategic initiatives
- Increase distribution by: identifying and selling into new strategic accounts
- Record daily check-in entries to maintain an understanding of our current positioning and opportunities at all accounts
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals for volume and displays
- Carry out tastings & events once per week, and as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Very organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Great with people
- Excellent communication skills
- Gives and takes feedback and supports development of others
- Ready and willing to roll up sleeves & wear many hats when needed
- Access to reliable transportation
- Strong integrity and care about your impact
- Passion for the vision of Willie’s Superbrew
- Ready to work hard, learn a lot, and have a freaking blast
- Prior sales experience a must
- Prior sales experience in alcohol a massive plus
If Interested, please email Erik Gosh at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a short paragraph on why you are interested in the position.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs. As a fast-growing startup, we need everyone to put on different hats and do what it takes to move this company forward and achieve our goals.