Mechanical Design Innovator
Hydro-ThermalApply for this Job
Job Description for Mechanical Design Innovator
BREWING PROCESS - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING - FUTURISTIC BREWHOUSES
Reports To: Senior Product Manager
The Mechanical Design Innovator is a critical role in the long-term product development cycle of a
new type of brewing machine. They will utilize their mastery of the traditional brewing process,
and creative problem solving to fulfill the design requirements to commercialize these products for
This is accomplished by thinking, trying, developing, researching, retrying, recommending and
building innovative, beautiful and hygienic brewing systems.
The key concepts for this product are reductions in batch variability, energy efficiency, a new
standard of hygienic design, increases in manufacturing margins, safety, and surpassing customer
satisfaction. Must be able to stimulate management through well researched and though-out
recommendations and value added logical arguments. This innovator can not be afraid of the waves
created by change.
Applicants who do not possess a firm mastery of commercial brewing processes, brewing equipment,
and hygienic systems at the time of application will not be considered
• Minimum of 5 years brewery process and design experience.
• Technical brewing degree or BS in engineering discipline, preferably chemical or
• Prior experience in continuous improvement initiatives and Lean implementation a plus.
• Knowledge of manufacturing cost calculations, production methods, and
• Ability to develop a sampling plan, sample, analyze and draw statistically based conclusions.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills with ability to work a problem from problem statement
development through to root cause identification and systemic corrective action implementation.
• Proactive, self-motivated individual. Action and results oriented with ability to work in a fast
paced, challenging environment.
• Strong time management, prioritization and follow through skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage many tasks simultaneously through to completion while meeting
the needs of the project and/or customers.
• Demonstrated ability to receive coaching/direction and execute work assigned in an accurate and
• Analytical capability with a high level of creativity.
• Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively, both written and verbally. Willingness
to travel as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead mechanical design of innovative new brewing equipment under the direction of the senior
product manager and within the stated vision of the project scope.
• Champion the project both inside and out of Hydro-Thermal Corporation.
• Actively solve process, manufacturing, budgeting, and value proposition problems
• Provide subject matter expertise on all aspects of the project both to internal marketing and
sales departments, and externally at trade shows and any customer interactions.
• Develop technical mastery of brewing equipment production processes, and the core technologies
• Build and maintain networking relationships with industry professionals and customers as a
representative of Hydro-Thermal Corporation.
• Designing and executing scientifically derived experiments in support of development.
• Identifying and validating improvement/corrective actions to deliver the desired benefits.
• Managing specifications and changes with associated testing or project work.
• Documenting progress and writing reports on testing, validations and problem-solving measures.
• Collecting and analyzing data.
• Lead material improvement projects, which could include managing material changes, qualifying
alternate materials, delivering material cost savings or participating in new product launches.
Other duties as assigned.