Mast Landing Brewing Co. - Seeking Production Brewer - Westbrook, ME
Mast Landing Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Mast Landing Brewing Company one of Maine’s top breweries, is is expanding its production capacity and seeking a full-time brewer to join the team.
Mast Landing Brewing Company is entering its fourth year of operations in Westbrook, ME (10 minutes outside Portland, ME). We're currently operating a 7 bbl brewhouse with 277 bbls of fermentation capacity with plans to double that in the Second half of 2019 with a 30 bbl brewhouse at our new 20,000 square foot production facility.
We are looking to add qualified and capable personnel to assist with the commissioning of new equipment and increased production as well as the growth of the brand as a whole.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participation and execution in all brewery operations including, but not limited to: Wort Production, Hop Handling, Malt Handling, Spent Grain Handling, Yeast Harvesting & Management, Dry Hopping, Transferring, Packaging Kegs & Cans, CIP, as well as general cleaning procedures.
• Strict adherence to quality control SOP's throughout the brewing, fermentation, carbonation, and packaging phases of beer production
• Operating and maintaining equipment used throughout the production process (pumps, pH meters, carbonation meters, etc.)
• 3 years production brewery experience with at least 1 year of that including brewhouse operation (in a facility producing 5k - 15k bbl per year)
• Formal brewing education a huge plus but not required
• Ability to work well in a team environment and also independently
• Flexibility with scheduling and willing to work early mornings, late nights and weekends as required
• Must be 21+
• Ability to multitask while monitoring various brewing and production processes.
• Experience operating forklift preferred but not required (will train the right candidate)
• High attention to detail
• Excellent cleaning and sanitation practices
• Mechanically inclined a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and efficiently
• Ability to lift 55+ lbs multiple times on a daily basis with or without assistance.
• Ability to work in extreme environments in both hot, cold, and wet areas.
• Work in tight areas while twisting, bending, pulling and pushing
• Stand on concrete floors for the duration of shift (8-10 hours)
• Frequently climb ladders and stairs safely on a daily basis
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Production Brewer Application: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”.
Mast Landing Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religious affiliation, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.