Dean & Co. BrewingApply for this Job
Dean & Co. is looking to add an Assistant Brewer to our growing operations team, that now includes Gold Buckle Beer!
Gold Buckle Beer seeks to provide rodeo fans and contestants premium quality beer, crafted to their tastes, and through our branding and imagery, to be authentic to the western lifestyle audience. Gold Buckle Beer is brewed, canned, and distributed from what locals say was once the world’s largest pickle factory. Repurposed and upgraded, the facility has been transformed into a large state of the art brewing facility. Currently consisting of a 50 Barrel brew house and eight 150 barrel fermenters, the facility has the capacity to produce approximately 25,000 barrel per year. However, situated on over 5 acres of land and buildings of 300,000 square feet, the facility has significant room for expansion.
In La Junta, we are a company of devoted employees, perfecting a beer for the end of a long day, meant to be a celebration of time well spent. Our goals are big. Our focus and dedication towards brewing for and supporting the western way of life can be tasted in every sip.
An Assistant Brewer should have the ability to perform all tasks associated with the brewing process itself including brewing, fermentation, cellaring, finishing, and sensory evaluation. The Assistant Brewer position requires a teamwork oriented, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for craft beer
The Assistant Brewer performs their duties in accordance with the standard operating procedures which have been established by the Head Brewer..
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- All aspects of brewhouse operation and wort production including but not limited to: Milling, mashing, lautering, and wort boiling; safe and efficient transfer of wort to fermentation vessels; routine troubleshooting and maintenance; maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of all equipment and work areas; monitor and record process times, temperatures, gravities, and pH levels; collection of sterile samples for lab analysis.
- Cellar related tasks including but not limited to: yeast harvesting and maintenance, tank cleaning and sanitation, fining, transferring, dry-hopping, temperature control and record keeping.
- Adhere to cleaning and organizational regimen as laid out by Head Brewer and Director of Operations.
- Generate ideas to improve all brewing and cellaring processes.
- Mentor newer and less experienced employees.
- A minimum of either 1- 2 years of professional experience working in brewing operations on a commercial system
- Formal brewery training and/or certification is required
- Strong mechanical background; Strong cleaning/sanitizing background
- Flexible, accommodating, team-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. and move up to 165 lbs. using traditional methods
- Ability to ascend and descend a staircase and/or ladder repeatedly throughout shift
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold or heat
*All candidates must have and maintain an acceptable driving record and pass a pre-employment background check.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
If you’re a driven individual with a positive attitude who wants to work with a dedicated and fun team, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your resume to email@example.com.