Direct Delivery Salesperson
Fremont Brewing CompanyApply for Job
We are currently hiring a full-time Direct Delivery Salesperson to join our Sales team, reporting to the Sales Director, while also supporting, and working closely with, our Warehouse team and the Warehouse Manager. The primary responsibilities include servicing both on and off premise businesses within Fremont’s distribution network and require a majority of time in the field. The role of the Fremont Sales team is to purvey the sheer joy and beauty that is Fremont beer. Additionally, the Direct Delivery Sales Representative will support a wide variety of warehousing and organizational tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Responsibilities & Expectations:
Join the Fremont Brewing Field Support Team
• Spends 60% of the time in the field, providing sales support in order to maintain and increase business for Fremont Brewing within the designated territory
o Develop new relationships, sample, and sell to new accounts
o Maintain and grow existing accounts through service and relationship development
o Develop and execute account and market-specific sales strategies
o Educate both new and existing accounts about new beers and seasonal releases
• Collaborate with fellow Fremont Brewing sales team to receive and fulfill direct delivery orders
• Be an exemplary model of Fremont Brewing’s values at all times
• Monitor product quality at retail accounts
o Date codes, merchandise coolers, and shelves
• Conduct pricing surveys of Fremont Brewing products and competing brands
• Collaborate with retail partners to secure price promotions, displays, and features
• Occasionally support brewers nights, tastings, and beer dinners in accounts
• Occasionally support Fremont festival and special events team
• Keep thorough records of all account visits
Work Closely with Fremont’s Warehousing Team
• Pick and load product for delivery using FIFO principles
• Operate Fremont Brewing’s delivery van and box truck in a safe manner to pick up and deliver goods; maintain the cleanliness of vehicles; service and perform safety checks on assigned vehicle.
• Uphold strict inventory standards by completing and processing paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
• Operate a forklift and other powered equipment safely and effectively in a high traffic production environment.
• Receive and inspect shipments for damage and conformity to packing slips.
• Coordinate effectively between brewing, packaging, sales, and retail departments to prevent production downtime and reduce out of stocks.
• Maintain a high level of workplace cleanliness and orderliness by routinely picking up trash, sweeping floors, taking out trash, and operating a floor scrubber.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Valid driver’s license and a squeaky-clean driving record
• Strong knowledge of the craft beer market
• Effective time management and sales call planning with little to no daily oversight – an organized self-starter
• Understands exceptional customer service
• A demonstrated skillset in relationship management
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong computer skills (web-based email, Microsoft Office suite, VIP)
• Outgoing personality that loves working with all walks of life
• Obsessive dedication to quality and detail
• A passion for craft beer and working in a team-oriented environment
• Become certified beer server within first 3 months of employment
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be able to work within a team culture and safety-first environment
• A willingness to adjust to and an ability to cope with frequent operational changes and priorities
• Highly organized with an obsessive dedication to quality and detail
• Ability to maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization
• Understands exceptional customer service
• 2+ years of sales experience
• Highly motivated
• The ability to work independently
• Able to manage a flexible work schedule
• Knowledge of beer off flavors
• Knowledge of the brewing process
• Knowledge of draft beer systems
• Knowledge of draft beer/package beer quality assurance
• A robust sense of humor and a healthy ability to laugh at oneself (and others)
• Ability to stand for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
• Ability to move heavy materials (lifting up to 55 pounds, moving up to 160 pounds)
• Ability to work in hot and cold environments
• Standing or sitting in a static position for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day)
• Climbing ladders
• Ability to work safely around moving mechanical parts
• Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, climbing, bending, etc.
Fremont Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, a dynamic and rewarding work environment, and growth for dedicated and committed employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status, or political ideology in any of its activities or operations.