BREWER - Big Boss Brewing - Raleigh, NC
Big Boss BrewingApply for this Job
We are looking for a brewer with minimum of 2 years production brewing experience who is creative, enthusiastic and a team player to help grow the oldest brewery in Raleigh, NC to the next level.
- Independently operate the brew house: wort production, preparing fermentation, CIP procedures, quality control and production record keeping.
- Perform designated QC and QA checks at various stages of the brewing process.
- Perform ongoing sensory analysis of all beers in production.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures development and implementation for brewing, cellaring and sanitation.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of brew house machinery and surroundings.
- Responsible for proper yeast handling, including but not limited to propagation, pitching, harvesting, aeration and CIP.
- Assist taproom staff in maintaining proper draft line cleaning and maintenance.
- Representation at trade shows, festivals, local beer events and Guild events.
- A Solid understanding of all aspects of brewing.
- 2 years of brewing experience on a 10BBL+ system.
- Experience on a pilot/micro-system.
- Ability to manage a day to day aspects of abrewing.
- Prior packaging, bottling, canning and racking experience a plus.
- Have a passion for improving and mastering methods.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills a plus.
- Computer proficiency.
- Must have the schedule availability/flexibility to work long and/or odd hours as needed to complete tasks and maintain brewing. Some weekend duties required.
- Physical strength, flexibility and stamina required.
- Ability to work safely with hazardous materials including CO2, acids, caustics and sanitizers.
- Strong organizational habits, a self-motivated work ethic, and good critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must be reliable, communicate well and manage time well.
- Strong collaborative nature and a positive, can-do attitude.
- Act and be seen as a source of knowledge and inspiration to those you work with.
- A passion for our business and our beer.
- Experience with a Centrifuge is a plus.
Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb and lift 55 pounds.
Competitive salary, ample paid time off, and educational reimbursement.