Almanac Beer Co.Apply for this Job
Location: Almanac Brewery in Alameda, CA
Hours: Full time
Compensation: $18-21/hour. Almanac benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k, short & long-term disability, paid time off, paid holidays and beer perks!
Reports to: Head Brewer
Almanac Beer Co is seeking Production Associates to join our small team in our new production facility in Alameda. The Production Associate will execute all packaging operations, maintain warehouse organization and cleanliness, and assist with shipping and receiving and deliveries as needed. We are looking for someone with unwavering commitment to quality and continuous improvement. This position requires the flexibility to assist where needed, and offers many growth opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packaging operations: execute all packaging operations including canning, bottling, and kegging. Daily keg cleaning
- Shipping & receiving: Assist with shipping and receiving as needed. Including building orders, receiving deliveries, and loading orders.
- Warehouse organization and cleanliness: Organize brewery work areas and warehouse storage areas. Daily janitorial maintenance of warehouse including daily warehouse cleaning, mopping and floor scrubber operation
- Assist the operations team with preventative maintenance of brewery equipment and various facility maintenance tasks and facility improvement projects
- Assist the production team with cellar activities, barrel cleaning, barrel moving and organization
- Delivery driving: Safely operate Sprinter Van to assist with deliveries as needed to our SF taproom and Greater Bay Area customers within 100 mile radius of Alameda warehouse.
- Dump kegs & cases of out of code product
- Record keeping: Detailed records of all work performed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1 year of experience in a capacity that is applicable to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Experience with Wild Goose canning lines or Meheen bottlers a strong plus.
- Pre-employment background check and DMV check required
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly twist, turn, lift supplies and equipment up to 50-lb (I.e., cases of beer, bags of malt)
- Able to move 155-lb kegs of beer (using appropriate techniques and tools).
- Able to work in a production environment where noise level is usually moderate to loud and warehouse temperature fluctuates according to the weather.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule, including morning/mid/evening shifts.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Positive outlook and attitude, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Resourceful and creative.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining rigorous safety and quality standards.
- Extreme attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Self motivated with exceptional time-management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff throughout the organization.
- Have a passion for making great beer
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume with a cover letter telling us how you demonstrate the qualities we seek.
Almanac is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.