Manzanita NaturalsApply for this Job
About the Position:
Reporting directly to the CEO and General Manager, the Production Lead will manage day-to-day production operations in a dynamic bottling and canning facility for a rapidly-growing cannabis beverage company. The Production Lead will be responsible for ensuring the continued creation of products in a timely manner. In addition, this position will also be involved in sustaining production growth and increasing output -- including but not limited to expansion projects and continuous improvement endeavors. Finally, this individual must be a proven leader with a track record of building teams and training production personnel. Applicants must be able to work in both Oakland and Santa Rosa.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years experience managing and growing a team.
- Strong knowledge of and proven success implementing or growing lean practices in a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of beverage production and the science of brewing.
- 2+ years production experience in a food or beverage manufacturing business.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing and building/facility systems.
- Familiarity with Meheen bottling equipment and Cask canning equipment.
- Flexible availability, including weekends if necessary.
- Proficiency in creating and maintaining inventory management systems.
- Strong background managing a warehouse and adhering to schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Work with the rest of the team to ensure on-time, in-spec and cost-effective delivery of raw goods and ingredients.
- Production planning tasks including scheduling cannabis beverage production.
- Manage production team staff and work with CEO and General Manager to achieve production goals.
- Occasionally perform production/warehouse duties as needed.
- Work with Brewmaster and production team on process management. Continually improve processes.
- Build pallets, order trucks, ship product.
- Develop and maintain continuous growth plan.
- Responsible for facility maintenance (either directly or through contractors) including preventative maintenance.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company in one of the fastest-growing consumer markets in the world.
- A work environment that combines robust industry expertise with an aggressive startup mentality.
- Great tasting cannabis beverages and access to all the perks of the cannabis industry.
- Company-sponsored health insurance.