Sales Representative - Northern California
Manzanita NaturalsApply for this Job
About the Position:
Manzanita Naturals is looking for a highly motivated self-starter with a passion for cannabis products and a competitive nature. The Sales Representative is responsible for promoting sales, growing brand recognition, and achieving target distribution and volume goals within an assigned territory under the guidance and leadership of the CEO. This individual must have the flexibility and agility to work in and grow alongside a rapidly-expanding startup in a burgeoning industry.
Territory to be covered includes (but is not limited to) Fresno, Monterey, Salinas, Modesto, and San Jose.
- Develop key customers within the assigned territory and nurture the supplier/retailer relationship to grow sales and distribution.
- Represent Manzanita Naturals in a professional and responsible manner.
- Maintain and grow current account relationships within the assigned territory.
- Create and schedule events within your account base to help grow both the brand and sales.
- Schedule and participate in promotions, demos, tastings, and special events that may occur on weekday evenings as well as weekends.
- Elicit feedback from the market on what things could help move the brand further towards its goals.
- Conduct ongoing brand training with retailers and consumers.
- Perform administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, etc.).
- Assist at all special events and festivals in the territory.
- Apply creativity to think outside the box and identify new avenues for business growth.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of sales experience in outside sales within the beer, cannabis, or beverage industries.
- Availability to work evenings/nights as needed.
- Strong knowledge of cannabis products, the cannabis industry, and its retail customers.
- Position requires computer proficiency – regular use of Microsoft Office (including ability to enter, retrieve, and interpret data in spreadsheets), Excel, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Reliable car and a valid driver’s license.
What We Offer:
- Base salary of $60,000 annually plus a commission structure based on store acquisition and total sales volume.
- An opportunity to get in on the ground level of a rapidly growing company in one of the fastest-growing consumer markets in the world.
- A work environment that combines robust industry expertise with an aggressive startup mentality.
- Great tasting cannabis beverages and access to all the perks of the cannabis industry.
- Company-sponsored health insurance.