Short Fuse Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Short Fuse Brewing is a 2 year old brewery and taproom located minutes from O’Hare airport in Schiller Park,il. Short Fuse is focused on modern styles of beer but still paying respect to traditional styles. Voted 2018 new brewery of the year by ratebeer and rapidly growing double digits year over year we are looking for an experienced lead brewer to help take us to the next level. This person will work along side our award winning brewmaster and partner. With a focus on collaborating on ideas and improving beer production.
Lead Brewer is self-motivated, leads by example, and has a desire to further his knowledge of brewing and brewing processes. The Lead Brewer will foster team work, collaboration, and contributes to a positive work environment. Outside of typical Lead Brewer responsibilities they would help on cellaring, packaging, and management of the all brewery operations.
The Lead Brewer is responsible for all aspects of beer production from recipe development, brewing, yeast, and day-to-day production.
The Lead Brewer reports to the Brewmaster and Senior Management and will perform the following tasks;
- Responsible for the planning and execution of brewing unique beer.
- Develop new and innovative experimental products for regular release, which includes utilizing; a vast array of hop varieties, a wide range of yeasts/bacteria for various fermentation and souring methods, including wood ageing, a variety of secondary raw ingredients
- Build, develop, manage and lead a team of passionate production employee
- Responsible for the efficiency of production, quality of the product being produced, and the safety of the Brewing and Production staff.
- Create and innovate new products to support consumer trends
- Enhance, follow, and maintain brewery SOPs
- Responsible for ordering and management of raw material inventory
- Responsible for all necessary record keeping
Qualifications, Experience and Skills/Knowledge
- High school or equivalent, College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Brewing specific post-secondary education is an asset
- Must be able to deliver and receive open and honest feedback
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and self-motivated towards achieving results.
- 3+ years of professional brewery experience
- Lead Brewer/Management experience within a brewery is an asset
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate people
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to multitask and prioritize situations that require immediate attention
- Extensive knowledge of materials and equipment used within beer production
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Accountable for results
- Ability to effectively problem solve, overcome production related obstacles
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Display a strong sense of urgency in all areas of the role
- Promote and role model positive feedback and constructive forms of identifying opportunities for improvement though all levels of the company
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to direct reports to meet the goals of the organization
- Physically demanding
- Physical requirements of the role: carrying/lifting heavy items, transferring/lifting or pushing items, working in awkward positions, operating heavy equipment, or holding body in one position for a prolonged period
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively throughout a shift
- Standing for long periods of time in a warehouse environment
We offer competitive pay and benefits based on experience. Plus the ability to be part of a rapidly growing brewery.