Operations and Production Lead
Tia Lupita FoodsApply for this Job
Operations and Production Lead
Tia Lupita® Foods is a Mexican-inspired, better for you food company with a mission to offer healthier alternatives to the traditional options at the grocery store. We launched in 2017 with a delicious hot sauce that has gained a cult following for its deep flavors and seven simple ingredients with no artificial fillers or sugar added. From there, we launched Salsa Verde and Chipotle sauces. In just under two years, our brand can be found in over 800 stores across the US including Whole Foods, Wegmans, The Fresh Market, Cost Plus World Market and Raleys. In June 2019, we are launching our next generation of healthier and tasty foods – Cactus Tortillas and Cactus Totopos (Tortilla Chips) in Whole Foods and Cost Plus World Market.
Tia is taking off and we need someone with a strong background in operations and production to come aboard and share this crazy ride with us. As our production becomes more complex with three co-manufacturing facilities, we need a full-time Operations & Production Lead to oversee daily operational activities including food production, supply chain / ingredient sourcing, packaging, quality control, inventory management, order fulfillment, and building out an operations team.
The Operations & Production Lead will provide hands-on management of all operations and manufacturing, including:
- Oversee production of all Tia Lupita® Foods products at our three co-manufacturing facilities in Portland, OR, San Antonio, TX, and Madera, CA.
- Order, ship and manage raw goods and finished inventory
- Work with ingredient suppliers to order raw ingredients and ensure production facility is properly stocked for each production run
- Analyze operational data and processes to maximize efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all applicable food safety and manufacturing laws
- Work with distributors and retailers to coordinate order pickup and fulfillment
- Work with sales and management team to plan production schedule using sales forecasts
- Help with new product development/innovation pipeline and new product launches
- Maintain all product certifications (Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Kosher)
- Help grow and scale-up operations and production capacity with our co-manufacturing partners.
- Manage and hire a team of production assistants who will be assisting with each production run.
- 4+ years of experience managing production and operations, with at least 2 years in food or beverage industry
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks & handle multiple projects
- Strong business acumen and proven project manager
- A self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative and can run with ideas or projects
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty and wear many different hats
- Excited to be in an entrepreneurial role and make a real impact on the growth of the business
- Position can be based anywhere in the US
- Role will report to Tia Lupita® Foods CEO / Founder (who is pretty awesome)
- Position eligible for equity and bonus
- Additional company benefits included