Graphics Production Supervisor
Sierra Nevada Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Graphics Production Supervisor will oversee the workflow of the in-house Graphics team while overseeing the production of great work and meeting the needs of the various departmental stakeholders (marketing, sales, on-site pubs, on-site gift shops and off-site tasting rooms). This position is responsible for developing people and will manage the projects within the established deadlines while maintaining quality standards. This role requires impeccable organization skills to drive timelines and monitoring of project requests while meeting deadlines.
Manages scheduling, processing and monitoring of all graphic design work from inception to completion by performing the following duties:
- Manages workflow by interfacing with Marketing Team and Customer Experience Team and other internal clients
- Interview and hire staff with the assistance of the department manager
- Train and develop responsible and effective professionals who demonstrate their passion for production design and who are empowered to suggest new ideas
- Appraising performance of employees including resolving issues, addressing concerns and disciplinary action when necessary
- Serves as liaison between internal departments, outside vendors, and contract designers to coordinate efficient and timely graphics processing
- Meets with marketing departments, creative staff, and production teams to develop and maintain schedules for current and planned projects
- Coordinates the production of projects with outside vendors and internal groups
- Receives, assigns, prioritizes and tracks the strategy and execution of multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Prepares production schedule for projects
- Logs jobs and activity in database or on production schedule and maintains job files of project materials
- Monitors job progress and directs production scheduling to meet deadlines
- Prepares job estimates for work with external designers
- Routes materials in various stages for approval
- Upholds prepress and press schedules
- Resolves discrepancies in job progression to ensure quality
- Prepares material according to specifications, distributes to appropriate parties before established deadlines, and tracks progress
- Prepares weekly report on design projects status
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Design or related work experience
- 2 years supervisory experience required
- 5 years of Management or Project Management experience in an agency or in-house creative team (CPG preferred), with experience managing both design and production
- 5 years proven experience and results as a team builder and expertise in fostering interdepartmental communication
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication and project coordination skills, with superior attention to detail
- Familiarity with design tools, particularly Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator)
- Proven project management skills (preferably in similar role)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates primarily in a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and be able to differentiate color. This position requires the ability to stand on feet for long periods of time, sit and work at a desk for long periods of time, and lift/move 50 pounds safely and with proper body mechanics. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This full-time position requires scheduling flexibility to be available for high-priority graphic issues
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer