Key Account/National Sales Manager
Blue Dog BakeryApply for this Job
Blue Dog Bakery is a leading provider of natural dog treats to the grocery and mass retail channels throughout the United States. The company is seeking a front-line sales manager for its business in the Central and Eastern US. The selected candidate will be responsible for select Grocery, Mass and Wholesale Distributor customers. The role will manage a national broker network and be responsible for delivering monthly sales, profit and new distribution objectives. This position is ideally based in the middle of the US in a major market area to facilitate frequent travel.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Forecast and manage individual customer P&L for all accounts, establish and track account promotional plans, develop and use tools to analyze and monitor individual account performance.
- Drive business success by preparing materials for and participating in all category reviews and other key customer meetings, work with buyers/category managers to improve shelf placement and product visibility.
- Prioritize sales objectives and align internal company strategies with retailer and distributor initiatives.
- Use internal monitoring systems to track and report on all sales activity.
- Suggest and make adjustments to sales and marketing strategy and tactics based on syndicated data analysis, market trends, company goals, etc.
- Present status of accounts and overall sales strategy for regular internal meetings, management meetings, and other occasions as needed.
- Technologically adept and proficient with MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Strong skills in the following areas: presentation, negotiation, analysis, customer service, selling, communication, organization
- Exceptional professionalism, energy, motivation, enthusiasm and integrity
- Team Player with a “can do” mindset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Willingness to travel up to 80% (travel may vary based on time of year)
Education & Experience
- Minimum 7 years previous consumer product sales or marketing experience
- Minimum 5 years account management experience
- Four-year college degree