DC Brau BrewingApply for Job
DC Brau Brewing is seeking a motivated Packaging Operator to join our Production Team!
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewing has become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. As we grow we are looking to increase our packaging staff to support DC Brau’s Production operations. We currently seek to hire one Packaging Operator to support the increasing demand for our award winning beer!
Packaging Operators at DC Brau Brewing support overall packaging activities including, but not limited to, canning and kegging operations, equipment cleaning, and packaging area housekeeping. This position reports directly to the Packaging Manager and is expected to work in coordination with the brewhouse and cellar, warehouse, marketing and sales, and administrative staff.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for craft beer and has some experience in a brewery or packaging work environment. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic and enjoys working as part of a unified team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop his or her skills within the craft brewing industry.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs packaging operations - canning and kegging
- Restocks de-palletizer during equipment operation
- Completes required, regular packaging quality checks
- Uses shrink-wrapper to safely build pallets for delivery/pick-up
- Operates and troubleshoots the automated six-packer, Wild Goose Filler, and Ska De-pallitizer
- Cleans and fills kegs
- Assists with tracking the inventory of necessary packaging materials for canning and kegging
- Works with Packaging Manager to minimize product loss and can dissolved oxygen levels
- Works with Packaging Manager and Upper Management to coordinate canning schedule
- Starts Up, Shuts Down, and cleans equipment regularly according to brewery SOPs
- Converts canning equipment according to brewery SOPs
- Operates a fork lift as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to meet physical challenges of working in a production brewery
- Ability to work with little supervision while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Ability to coordinate with other staff and departments according to schedule
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members throughout the brewery
- Must have a positive attitude
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
DC Brau is offering full-time (37.5 to 40+ hours/week) employment. After an onboarding period, full-time employees are offered benefits including medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, holidays, and a company-sponsored retirement investment plan.
DC Brau is an equal employment opportunity employer and implements policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume to our Job Portal.
HR and Administrative Manager
DC Brau Brewing, LLC
3178 – B Bladensburg Rd., NE
Washington, DC 20018