Flying EmbersApply for this Job
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining constant proactive quality measures as well as analysis of materials and products to ensure exceptional quality and optimal shelf life. Leadership of the quality department and entire production team to successfully prevent any quality concerns.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with other managers to maximize quality and reliability and to minimize costs.
• Daily sampling, analysis and organization of data in accordance with GMP’s and production. microbiological sampling and testing (aseptic techniques, plating, microscopy).
• Direct supervision of laboratory technician(s). Leads, mentors and develops team and facilitates interdepartmental, cross functional exposure in other operational areas.
• Provide monthly reports to production team and management noting product trends and quality deviations.
• Apply high level root-cause analysis and problem-solving skills to resolve process and quality issues or concerns.
• Yeast management including harvest and propagation scheduling, cell counts, viability counts, pitch rate calculation, slant preparation/maintenance and propagation.
• Packaged product sampling and analysis including gas analysis, seam analysis, microbiological analysis, total package quality checks, and shelf life study.
• Care, cleaning and maintenance of all laboratory equipment.
• Maintain a sensory analysis program; conduct scheduled sensory training for company staff.
• Manages laboratory budget and inventory as well as making recommendations for new laboratory instrumentation, equipment and services.
• Maintain PPE supply and contribute to management of safe practices.
• Contribute to a culture of consistency and constant improvement while inspiring creativity.
• Participate in weekly meetings with management team to assist with total process flow.
• Assist with other functions and support as needed.
• Maintain a standard of conduct that is supporting of company vision and policy.
• Participation in professional organizations with focus on keeping up to date with industry trends.
• Prompt and Professional response to all Quality concerns and inquiries.
• Team-orientated with great communication skills.
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• Passionate about product quality.
• Able to stand, walk, climb, kneel, and lift up to 55 lbs on a regular basis.
• Able to work with varying chemicals containing odors and requiring safety precaution.
• Ability to work in loud, warm environments for extended periods of time.
• Abilty to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as necessary.