Lead Brewer & Assistant Brewer
Keegan AlesApply for this Job
Keegan Ales has been an award-wining leader in the Hudson Valley’s craft beer community since 2003. We have an immediate opening for a high-energy head brewer to help lead our production team. Additionally, we are hiring for an assistant brewing position as well.
Responsibilities and qualifications:
- 3-5 years professional brewing experience
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills are a must
- Strong mathematical skills
- 4 year degree or equivalent preferred
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to lift and maneuver 50+ lbs. in close quarters
- Excellent computer skills
- Proven brewing, filtering, packaging, keg and tank cleaning, etc. skills
- Work with our office manager to maintain all record keeping and filing of reports to both state and federal regulatory agencies associated with the brew house (excise tax, Brewers Report of Operations, etc.)
- A strong self starter with a strong work ethic and be able to motivate others and innovate with minimal supervision
- Inventory management
- Development of new and innovative recipes to ensure Keegan Ales stays fun and current while maintaining our long standing reputation for brewing classic styles
- Be available as an ambassador for Keegan Ales both on and off premise events. As such, additional weekend work to attend festivals, trade shows and participation in other events are required.
- Willing to conduct occasional off-premise sales calls to grow the Keegan Ales brand locally
These are the basics, but hopefully you are already aware that small breweries require everyone to wear many hats. Teamwork is paramount, as is tenacity. If you’ve read this far and still have the hutzpah to apply, then we want to hear from you. So, polish off that resume, put your best foot forward and tell us your salary requirements and why you will be a great addition to our small, yet fiercely loyal and dedicated team of like-minded friends all pushing in the same direction.
Still want to join our team, but don’t feel you are quite ready to take the lead? We are also always looking for smart, energetic, hardworking quick learners that want to grow their brewing experience. We would love to hear from you too.
Keegan Ales is an equal opportunity employer with comprehensive benefits. Salary, and benefits will commensurate with experience. Send a cover letter, resume and/or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.