LATAM Commercial Director
Packaging Company for Draft ProductsApply for this Job
Reporting directly to the President - Americas, this role will lead all commercial activity in Latin America.
Based in Northern Latin America, this self-starter role takes a hands-on role in generating and executing commercial business development and sales growth activity for an innovative beverage packaging solution. The prime market focus is the beer industry and due to commercial relationships developed globally with multi-nationals, there is a significant opportunity to drive global acceptance into regional commercial performance and profit delivery.
Alongside driving commercial activity, this role will also lead, with Group support, supply chain optimization projects such as in-region procurement and lead current relationships and develop new opportunities with current and future third-party outsourced manufacturers across the region.
With success of opportunities conversion and market penetration, it will be critical to develop a HR structure in the medium term to service the growing profit profile.
This role is ideal for an ambitious person with good networks within multinational and independent breweries in Latin America and experience of commercialising technical products.
To co-develop and implement a technical & commercial strategy to deliver agreed sales volumes and to execute on that plan. Whilst not exhaustive the key tasks will be to:
Sales & Marketing
- Lead the Latin American marketplace for all commercial activity across all sectors
- Take the leading commercial role with multi-nationals on a regional level
- Develop opportunities with leading national breweries in each country across Latin America
- Actively action the pipeline & develop proposal wins to hit margin targets
- Develop account plans to leverage accounts won to optimise sales volumes
- Source and work alongside distributors in market to optimise service to fragmented craft beer and wine sectors
- Lead existing relationship with current outsourced supply chain (based in Brazil) to optimise benefits of in-country manufacture
- Develop new supply chain and outsourced manufacture opportunities in key strategic geographies (e.g. Mexico).
Knowledge & Experience
- Sound knowledge of beer sector across Latin America – markets with significant beer production (e.g. Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Chile)
- Previous experience of commercialising with large multi-national brands on a regional basis is critical
- Previous experience of developing understanding of a new product across all functions within the customer team is also critical
- Demonstrates abilities to commercialise a market-altering technical product
- Effective communicator, both internally, with customers and partners.
- Ambitious, driven commercially astute with quick concept up-take
- Depending upon qualifications & experience – guide $90k
- Significant performance related bonus
- Health Care Scheme (after qualifying period)