Sierra Nevada Brewing CompanyApply for Job
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager has the important role of protecting both our employees and our ability to brew the world’s best beers by ensuring the organization is compliant with federal, state, and local safety and environmental requirements. This position’s primary functions are to develop, implement, and monitor environmental, health, and safety programs. Success is gauged by compliance with regulatory requirements and by reducing or preventing injuries, hazards, and spills.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development, administration and maintenance of EHS compliance and continuous improvement program elements. Serve as liaison with applicable external regulatory agencies and coordinate and follow-up on EHS audits to ensure satisfactory compliance. Ensure all required reports are completed and submitted as required.
- Develop and administer the facility EHS management systems including: employee participation, employee health, hazard analyses, safe operating procedures, training, risk management, loss control, spill prevention, hazardous waste, DOT hazardous materials, emissions, emergency planning (EPCRA) and all other key system elements.
- Ensure compliance with facility, regional, corporate and regulatory environmental & safety standards and guidelines through audits, inspections, recordkeeping and data documentation. Lead investigations and provide recommendations for corrective or preventive measures. Ensure that accurate environmental and injury/illness records are maintained.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of EHS regulations and laws to provide expertise for EHS assessments, capital projects, work orders, and general EHS related problem solving at the site, regional and corporate level as needed.
- Manage hourly and contract personnel to perform day to day functions. Support staff and personnel development for goal alignment, prioritization of work and coaching for effective performance.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate across the organization
- Perform any other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in safety science/engineering/industrial hygiene discipline and a minimum of five years' experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment) is required
- A minimum of three years supervisory experience is required
- Experience with facility budget preparation and management
- Comfortable developing and implementing environmental and safety policies, programs, and training
- Advanced safety or environmental certification required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions for an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
- Able to understand and execute processes including; recognizing customer needs, communicating process changes, develop KPI’s to identifying areas of improvement
- Competent with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to manage and train staff including; organizing, prioritizing, scheduling daily work and projects and promoting professional development
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices and processes
- Ability to adjust work hours as needed - scheduling flexibility is a must
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates primarily a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift to 35 pounds without assistance, and maneuver equipment weighing up to 60 pounds safely with proper body mechanics during job shadowing activities and training. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs and ladders.
- Travel required, primarily to Mills River for meetings and trainings
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer