Spinning Wheel BrandsApply for this Job
Spinning Wheel Brands is looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join our nimble, fast growing team. The role will report directly to our Controller and be the second member of our finance team.
- Customer billing/order entry
- Order entry and tracking from receipt of Customer PO to delivery confirmation
- Customer set-up and maintenance of customer / vendor information files
- Internal sales order creation
- Customer Expenses/deductions tracking and reconciliation
- Food Broker commission tracking and payment, reconciliation
- General invoice and purchase order management internally, including order validation (PO pricing and terms confirmation)
- Customer record keeping (sales by customer by item and brand)
- Additional bookkeeping for internal expenses and invoice recording on the General Ledger
- Accounts Payable invoice and PO management, including PO validation (PO pricing and terms confirmation)
- Accounts Receivables cash application
Education & experience:
- Min. 5 years of experience with bookkeeping for companies selling to retail grocery space/consumer products industry, including experience with trade spend, deductions, and key specialty grocery distributors in space (UNFI, Kehe)
- Experience/familiarity with Kehe and UNFI online vendor portals preferred
- Additional experience with GS1, Walmart RetailLink, Kroger VIP and other retailer item maintenance portals preferred
- Experience tracking and managing broker commissions
- QuickBooks experience required
- Bachelor degree required (4-year degree)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills required
- Able to work effectively to deadlines
- Enjoys fast-paced, ever changing environment as company grows by 200-300%+ per year
- Able to shift priorities fluidly, in tandem with evolving business demands
- Comfortable with multi-tasking
- Self-starter/able to work without extensive management oversight
- Candidates under consideration will be required to successfully pass full background, credit, and criminal checks before receiving a job offer.
- Successful candidates will be required to execute a non-disclosure agreement.
Compensation & benefits:
- Base salary will be in line with market and experience
- Compensation to include benefits (healthcare, 401k match, FSA)
- This position is located at Spinning Wheel Brands’ HQ in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago. Ideally situated to the North Shore and city of Chicago, with onsite parking and Red Line ‘L’ access (1/2 block from Thorndale stop). Candidates must be available and onsite at our Chicago office daily; commuting or working remotely is not possible in this role. Priority given to candidates with daily commutes of 45 minutes or less. We do not offer relocation.
About Spinning Wheel Brands, LLC:
Spinning Wheel Brands was founded in Chicago, IL in 2016 by four experienced food & beverage professionals and entrepreneurs. We identify the ‘next big thing’ opportunities in hot food & beverage grocery retail categories and design and execute world class products and brands that are in sync with retailer and consumer interests. We focus on building brands that are clean label, sustainable, on trend, and above all, delicious!
Through a shared services backbone, the Spinning Wheel Brands team develops and scales multiple brands simultaneously into retail markets leveraging and omni-channel approach, including grocery, mass, online, club, and alternate channels.
Brands launched by the Spinning Wheel Brands team include Mozaics organic popped veggie & potato chips, Hope & Sesame organic sesamemilk, Handfulls innovative nut snacks, and Copious Brands shelf-stable Mediterranean snack portions. Spinning Wheel Brands also comprises the deliciousness.com (D2C) and marvelousfood.com (B2B) online platforms.
The Spinning Wheel Brands team is dedicated, hard-working, and focused, jovial, professional, and supportive. We value tactical execution, creative and strategic thinking, and a proactive approach to addressing problems and building out a world-class suite of brands.
Please submit your application through this jobs site or directly to Jobs@spinningwheelbrands.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 10 business days. ONLY applicants that submit applications as asked will be considered. Do NOT contact company executives or representatives directly. NO RECRUITERS.
To be considered, candidates must answer the following questions: