Operations & Logistics Manager
Spinning Wheel BrandsApply for this Job
Spinning Wheel Brands is looking for an Operations & Logistics Manager to join our nimble, fast growing team. The role will report directly to our Director of Operations and will oversee two direct reports in our shipping/warehouse group.
- Inventory management both onsite and in remote 3PL warehouse locations
- Purchase Order confirmations to customers
- Logistics/freight scheduling of inbound and outbound shipments
- Timely, comprehensive and accurate communication with customer buying teams, freight teams, and internal teams
- Proactive reporting internally and externally on shipment and delivery timing, BOL confirmation.
- Attention to detail and priorities including fast turnaround of customer Purchase Orders and maintaining inventory in stock at all points of distribution
- Working with internal team as well as our vendors and co-manufacturing partners on forecasting and timing of inventory delivery
- Inventory reconciliation and FIFO management of date-coded products
- Excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to create solutions when needed
- Manage our shipping team (2 onsite full-time employees)
- Putting in processes and managing for recoup on shipping damages, late deliveries, etc.
- Reviewing shipping and logistics/freight spend and negotiating rates with LTL, Freight, FDX, UPS carriers etc.
- Managing relationships with freight brokers and evaluating opportunities for improved costs and service levels.
- Managing/overseeing internal kitting/packaging projects, occasionally with temp workers
- Compilation and execution of Amazon consignment inventory replenishment per forecast
- Continuous improvement of shipping KPI’s (damages, mis-ships, mis-picks, etc)
- Oversight of all e-commerce fulfillment through multiple channels
Education & Experience, Requirements:
- 3-5+ years of experience with freight scheduling/logistics
- 10+ years work experience, at least 50% of this time in operations
- Preferably: experience with date coded items, consumer food & beverage. Fresh/perishable food & beverage distribution and shipping experience interesting but not required.
- Bachelor degree required (4-year degree)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills required
- Able to work effectively on a time
- Enjoys fast-paced, ever changing environment as company grows by 200-300%+ per year
- Able to shift priorities fluidly, in tandem with evolving business demands
- Comfortable with multi-tasking
- Self-starter/able to work without extensive management oversight
- Candidates under consideration will be required to successfully pass full background, credit, and criminal checks before receiving a job offer.
Compensation & benefits:
- Base salary will be in line with market and experience
- Compensation to include benefits (healthcare, 401k match, FSA)
- This position is located at Spinning Wheel Brands’ HQ in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago. Ideally situated to the North Shore and city of Chicago, with onsite parking and Red Line ‘L’ access (1/2 block from Thorndale stop). Candidates must be available and onsite at our Chicago office daily; commuting or working remotely is not possible in this role. Priority given to candidates with daily commutes of 45 minutes or less. We do not offer relocation.
About Spinning Wheel Brands, LLC:
Spinning Wheel Brands was founded in Chicago, IL in 2016 by four experienced food & beverage professionals and entrepreneurs. We identify the ‘next big thing’ opportunities in hot food & beverage grocery retail categories and design and execute world class products and brands that are in sync with retailer and consumer interests. We focus on building brands that are clean label, sustainable, on trend, and above all, delicious!
Through a shared services backbone, the Spinning Wheel Brands team develops and scales multiple brands simultaneously into retail markets leveraging and omni-channel approach, including grocery, mass, online, club, and alternate channels.
Brands launched by the Spinning Wheel Brands team include Mozaics organic popped veggie & potato chips, Hope & Sesame organic sesamemilk, Handfulls innovative nut snacks, and Copious Brands shelf-stable Mediterranean snack portions. Spinning Wheel Brands also comprises the deliciousness.com (D2C) and marvelousfood.com (B2B) online platforms.
The Spinning Wheel Brands team is dedicated, hard-working, and focused, jovial, professional, and supportive. We value tactical execution, creative and strategic thinking, and a proactive approach to addressing problems and building out a world-class suite of brands.
Please submit your application through this jobs site or directly to Jobs@spinningwheelbrands.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 10 business days.
To be considered, candidates must answer the following questions: