Director of Supply Chain
Purely ElizabethApply for this Job
Based in Boulder, CO, Purely Elizabeth is a high-growth natural foods company focused on creating products using elevated, nutrient-rich ingredients. Their award-winning products include granola, oatmeal and bars. Founded in 2009 by Elizabeth Stein, a certified holistic nutrition counselor, the company is dedicated to helping consumers thrive on their wellness journey.
Purely Elizabeth is seeking a highly motivated Director of Supply Chainto help drive improved performance across the entire supply chain. The Director of Supply Chain must possess strong analytical skills, creative problem solving and critical thinking in order to succeed in our fast-paced, highly dynamic environment. This position will oversee the supply chain team and report to the Vice President of Operations
ROLES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategic plans to ensure the appropriate resources are in place to service current and future business needs
- Manage the entire supply chain team, including Materials Planner, Demand Planner and Customer Service personnel
- Analyze, track and drive efficiencies across the entiresupply chain; including forecasting, inventory, demand planning, and logistics
- Implement SOP’s, analytics and processes/procedures to drive Improvement across the supply chain
- Manage relationships with key vendors / suppliers
- Generate key reports and analyze KPIs (Service levels, forecast accuracy/variability, etc.) to find trends and opportunities as well as addressing potential risks
- Coach, train, hire, develop and mentor the team
- Assist with project work as necessary
- Build and maintain quantitative scorecards to enhance the feedback provided to stakeholders across our supply chain and manufacturing footprint
- Assist with managing raw material inventory within the supply chain
- Manage, support, and enhance material planning models to support packaging and material inventory management and volume forecasting for suppliers
- Support spend analysis and evaluate opportunities around purchasing decisions to develop our strategic sourcing plans
- Build templates and support analysis related to the execution of RFQ’s
Supply and Demand Planning
- Support the Integrated Business Planning process by analyzing production, inventory, capacity and costs as needed to drive effective decision making
- Perform quarterly safety stock analysis to update safety stock targets
- Evaluate distributor ordering patterns to determine ways to improve demand plans and forecast accuracy, and ultimately drive improved inventory performance
- Implement supply planning procedures to support company objectives and policy, which might include A/B/C segmentation, min/max levels, etc.
- Oversee issuance of purchase orders for direct materials and co-manufacturers
- Identify, quantify and lead cost savings projects as needed
- Work closely with Technical Services Team to ensure on time delivery of new products and adherence to quality processes and procedures
- Manage communications and transactional relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Perform site visits to plants and distribution centers as needed. Recommend and Source new distribution centers
- Ensure all third party partners comply with company inventory policies, including proper rotation and effective tracking of lot numbers.
- Manage inventory accuracy performance of third parties
- Track KPIs and generate a real-time supply chain dashboard
Logistics and Customer Service
- Manage Customer Service Team, ensuring that they have the tools needed to effectively complete daily tasks
- Manage customers’ scorecard metrics (in-stock, inventory, on time, etc., including violation chargebacks)
- Identify cost reduction opportunities, methods and strategies to continuously manage costs
- Ensure a smooth and consistent operation of supplies and finished goods are distributed to proper departments/customers in an effective and efficient manner
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 7+ years’ experience in supply chain function including forecasting, demand planning, inventory, and/or supply planning
- Prefer experience in the consumer-packaged goods industry
- 2+ years of leadership experience is a plus
- The ideal candidate will be ambitious and motivated by gaining a broad exposure to all facets of a supply chain organization.
- Highly motivated, action-oriented and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Impeccable work ethic, flexible, hands-on and can adapt quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills to work effectively with all stakeholders.
- Creative problem-solver and conceptual thinker with an ability to understand and leverage detail-oriented and analytical issues as needed.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to influence business partners.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Benefits include, health and dental insurance, 401k plan
- Summer hours, social office gatherings, and more
- An ambitious, fun, startup work environment
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org