Director of Operations
Finch Beer Co.Apply for this Job
Finch Beer Co. is an independent craft brewery founded in 2011 and located in downtown Chicago in the heart of the Chicago Brewing District. We are seeking a Director of Operations for immediate hire. The Director of Operations position is a full-time, key leadership position that will work with and report to ownership to help set and implement long-term strategy as well as manage day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate should have an array of skills and experience including financial planning and analysis, logistics, licensing, and mid-level operations management. They should be very detail oriented and a highly effective communicator with the ability to multi-task and be comfortable in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the sales and brewing functions to construct and manage brewing schedule including projecting and ordering all necessary inputs.
- Manage purchase order fulfillment process in full, from order receipt, processing, shipping, invoicing, and A/R collection.
- Order, maintain, and account for packaging material, marketing, and promotional products inventories.
- Assist in the monthly accounting close process.
- Maintain finished goods, WIP and raw materials inventories.
- File all necessary reports and tax returns to state and federal governing agencies.
- Maintain and file all necessary local, state and federal licensing applications and renewals.
- Process payroll including all necessary local, state, and federal tax filings.
- Manage warehouse staff and ensure all facilities are properly maintained, organized in the most efficient manner and clean.
- Serve as a brand ambassador outside of the brewery.
- Partner with Sales Manager to create and execute sales strategy including plans for the marketing, production, and brewery operations teams.
- Possess strategic business acumen with a laser focus on achieving and monitoring all KPIs and other key business metrics that directly impact revenues and profitability.
- Continuously and proactively analyze performance, develop and recommend action plans in support of revenue and profitability optimization.
- Ensure sales policies and procedures are developed, effectively implemented, and maintained to achieve organizational consistency and efficiency across and throughout the retail channels.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement key business processes and protocols.
- 7+ years of experience in a mid-level operations management role.
- Process and results driven leader with demonstrated success managing and achieving goals
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Craft beer industry experience is a big plus and beverage industry experience is preferred.
- PC skills, specifically Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint); experience with Ekos a plus.
- Ability to monitor and analyze performance and proactively propose any necessary modifications.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented with process-oriented thinking.
- Strong capacity to both lead and participate in cross-functional teams to define issues and agree on processes, strategies, and outcomes.
- Impeccable leadership and communication skills to a variety of audiences.
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage time with minimal supervision.
- Forklift and OSHA certification a plus.
- Competitive base salary with opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Healthcare, dental and vision coverages with employer contributions.
- Paid time off.
- Free beer and merchandise.