Bently Heritage-RanchApply for Job
The Maltster is responsible for the various tasks within the malting and granary department, that include, but not limited to all aspects as follows: raw materials handling, process of malting and milling of grains, producing grist, wort production, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, fulfilling orders and handling general sanitation in a safe environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitor grain in all stages of the malting process
- Responsible for all production, quality and safety at the malting facility
- Ensure all raw materials are on hand and of standard quality to achieve weekly and/or monthly production schedule
- Record malt processes data in production book and/or computer
- Take samples for laboratory analysis, and quality control of products using own senses especially smell and taste
- Monitor temperatures and quality of samples, making any necessary production adjustments
- Monitor all analytical and process data and make changes in proactive manner to ensure product quality is upheld
- Research and develop new malt recipes and products
- Responsible for the production of grist
- Keep up to date with developments in technology and methods in the industry
- Ability to introduce and implement new technology, methods, and procedures as this industry evolves and grows
- Required to operate, but not limited to, auto malter, kilns, roasters, and grain milling equipment on a daily basis; filter equipment and carbonate machines, as well as perform regular repairs on machinery
- Clean, maintain, adjust, calibrate and service equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Manage resources to meet objectives
- Lead team to identify opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency in the malt plant
- Deliver malt, grist, and related products to clients
- Responsible for inputting finished product into the inventory system and removing it from the inventory systems as orders are filled
- Perform necessary job functions within the granary
- Interact with suppliers, customers, vendors, department heads, etc. in a professional manner
- Responsible for executing safety initiatives and creating a safe working environment within the department
- Perform all job functions within the structure described in the Employee Handbook of policies and procedures at Bently Family, LLC
- Report any deviations from standard practice, procedure, and/or maintenance issues to Supervisor, and when necessary to higher management
- Assist Maltster Supervisor with planning projects, as necessary
- Report to work as scheduled and on time.
Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervision or management, that may be required to ensure the continued success of the company.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- College or Vocational school degree in related field is preferred
- Two (2) years of malting or brewing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background in chemistry or lab processes is a plus
Basic knowledge of personal computers and peripherals, word processing and spreadsheet software, e-mail and the Internet.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrates, understands, and coaches others on safety and follows the key essentials to safety as set forth by our safety resolution.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to be insured under the Company’s insurance policy
- Strong mechanical background a plus.
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and follow directions.
- Precise and detail oriented.
- A team player and can effectively utilize the resources provided by the team/company.
- Must read and comprehend complex instructions, detailed correspondences and memos.
- Communicate information effectively in one-on-one, small, and large group situations to visitors, vendors, clients, tenants, and other employees of the company.
- Effectively carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions.
- Professionally handle problems involving non-concrete variables in non-standardized situations.
- Build and leverage relationships with internal and external partners to achieve measurable business results.
- Exceptional Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with all levels of employees.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong decision-making ability.
- Build and maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishments; to cooperate to resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive to others.
- Willingness to receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines, punctuality and attendance standards; work mandatory overtime, etc.
Physical Job Description:
Typical Working Conditions:
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is exposed to both indoor and outdoor conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The employee is subjected to atmospheric conditions in one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation (with required safety equipment).
- The employee is subjected to hot liquids and steam where there is air and/or skin exposure to liquids and other cutting fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The employee may be subjected to temperatures above 80 degrees for periods of more than one hour
What you'll love about working here:
- We promote coaching, teaching and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
- Bently Heritage offers a benefit and compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, fitness reimbursement, 401(k) with employer matching, and a competitive salary.
To learn more about the malting facility, please visit our website.