Brewer Operator - Oskar Blues Brewery - Longmont, CO
Canarchy Craft Brewery CollectiveApply for Job
We are looking for a full-time (hourly) Brewer Operator to perform basic functions in the brewhouse.
- Knows the general layout of the brewery and where all raw materials are stored.
- Correctly and accurately weighs malt, hops, salts and brewing aids.
- Safely and properly operates the mill, FormPak, augers and scales.
- Independently executes a heat exchanger Clean-in-Place (CIP)/ Sanitize-in-Place (SIP) on the floor with little to no direction.
- Reads and records accurate paper logs. Reviews brew sheets and discerns boil start, kettle additions, boil end, whirlpool addition and knockout (beginning of fermentation) start time.
- Takes sterile wort sample, gravity/pH sample, pitch yeast and oxygenates wort during knockout.
- Processes orders and enters brew and fermentation quality control information into inventory management software (OBeer).
- Maintains a clean and orderly workspace by regularly sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, vacuuming and organizing.
- Follows standard operating procedures to safely handle chemicals and hoses/vessels under pressure while wearing protective equipment. Immediately reports concerns with any machines.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- One or more years of work experience at a brewery is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a high-noise environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Reliability, punctuality, and consistency.
- An excellent work ethic and desire to learn.
- A passion for craft beer.
- Must be 21+ years old.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. Must wear the necessary protective equipment: safety glasses and steel-toed boots.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. For non-smokers, we pay the employee-only premium for medical insurance; the employee only pays the cost of adding dependents to his or her plan. We also offer the option to enroll in dental insurance, vision insurance, and other plans such as accident insurance. After 90 days of employment, full-time employees are eligible to make contributions to the company’s 401(k) plan; we match 100% of the employee’s contribution up to 6%. Employees also enjoy paid time off, holidays, anniversary awards, free safety-compliant shoes, free lunch on Fridays, and, best of all…free beer!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.