Cellar Operator - Oskar Blues Brewery - Longmont, CO
Canarchy Craft Brewery CollectiveApply for Job
This position performs basic cellar work, filtration, and centrifuging of beer.
- Performs basic cellar duties: yeast drops, temperature and pressure checks, clean drains, scrub mold and other areas around cellar, and take trash out.
- Perform yeast drops, harvests, Clean in Place/Clean under Pressure/Sanitize in Place, Gravities and temp checks and dry-hops.
- Set up Knock Out, including Clarex additions or prop yeast pitches and harvesting yeast.
- Cleans and fills kegs, casks or other containers, palletizing kegs and movement to cooler.
- Expert in layout of the brewery and where all materials are located.
- Maintains accurate records for all activities.
- Adheres to standard operating procedure requirements for all cellaring processes.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Begin to learn how to use DE filter, centrifuge, carbonating unit and/or pasteurizer.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in attention to detail.
- Skill in effective communication.
- Skill in responsible decision-making.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability.
- Ability to multi-task.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 50-100 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Cellar Manager
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: Less than 1 Year
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Basic tools, diatomaceous earth filter, centrifuge, pasteurizer, carbonating unit, dry hop machine, pumps, pasteurizer floor pumps, hop cannons and skyjack
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.