Down State Sales Representative
2 Towns CiderhouseApply for Job
2 Towns Vision:
We aspire to create craft cider that is accessible to the people, utilizing the most advanced cider
making standards, and quality Northwest ingredients, without being afraid to do things a little
differently. Much like our product, 2 Towns as a company is fun, unique, and filled with a youthful
energy. Our crew makes what we do possible, and we are committed to fostering an environment of
fairness, empowerment, and security.
2 Towns Sales Representatives are the face of our company. Their main goal is to develop
relationships with distributors, accounts and customers in their designated areas, and communicate
our product and brand effectively. For these positions, we seek self-motivated, energetic, and friendly
individuals who enjoy communicating with people of all walks of life about craft cider! Down State
Sales Reps are based out of our administrative office in Corvallis. Primary responsibilities include
selling and distributing 2 Towns Cider outside of the Portland market. Occasional travel to other
geographic locations, including Southern and/or Central Oregon, may be required. Rarely, Down State
Sales Reps may be asked to help at events in Portland, Seattle or other cities as auxiliary support.
This position may include some or all of the duties that follow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
I. Market Pulse
Maintain relationships with accounts outside of the Portland market.
• Receive orders in person, telephone, email, or text. Keep them organized and
prioritized with all other outstanding orders.
• Fulfill local accounts' requests for product in a timely manner.
• Drive a regular delivery route with the company van that maximizes efficiency, timeliness,
product availability, and ultimately customer satisfaction (both account and end
• Produce new sales leads by approaching new accounts with samples and product
information, logging information received, and following up on leads.
• Load and unload delivery van on a daily basis.
II. Southern Oregon/ Columbia Distributing
Maintain relationships with Columbia's sales reps and managers in order to maximize
communication between 2 Towns Ciderhouse and Columbia Distributing.
• Educate distributor reps about our product and pricing information
• Track inventory and minimize stock outs and/or product shortages
• Communicate upcoming seasonal releases
• Coordinate limited release distribution and other special requests with key accounts
• Supply Columbia with marketing materials and solicit additional marketing materials as
needed through the Director of Business Development, or through distributor's own print
III. Account Relations
Maintain relationships with key accounts in the distribution area to monitor Columbia performance,
and identify areas where we can help them improve service to accounts.
• Develop positive relationships with accounts in the assigned geographic area and the
individuals that make the ordering decisions
• Merchandise product
• Ensure correct shelf pricing
• Supply accounts with POS materials
• Coordinate social media or other promotional opportunities with Director of Business
• Communicate upcoming seasonal releases
• Discuss Columbia performance, and identify and troubleshoot issues that may arise
• Maintain organized list of contact information for accounts
Gather market information and customer feedback in each area of distribution, in order to supply
management with trends and recommendations for each, and accurately and professionally
represent the company at public events.
• Coordinate well in advance with distributor for product and supplies
• Coordinate with demonstration and promotional event hosts
• Educate and taste the public
• Staff the tasting tent
• Check IDs of booth visitors and ensure cider is served only to those who are legal (of age
and not already intoxicated) to drink product
• Set up and disassemble attractive booth displays
• Work with Director of Business Development to identify Brewfest and other major event
or sponsorship opportunities
• Attend industry events to represent the company and network within the industry
V. New Accounts
Grow sales by acquiring new accounts within the assigned distribution turf.
• Identify strong potential accounts
• Approach new accounts with product information and samples
• Keep detailed notes on contact information and status of each potential new
• Work with Columbia Distributing to pitch new chain accounts
• Operate a forklift
• Maintain a clean and organized work space
• Participate in monthly all staff meetings.
• Review time cards on a regular basis
• Adhere at all times to 2 Towns safety policies and procedures, as well as policies
described in the Employee Handbook
• Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications
• 21 years or older
• Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience: 1-2 years in a similar or related field
• Ability to move 35-pound short distances by hand, as well as heavier amounts using a hand
• Must be available evenings and weekends
• OLCC Server's Permit
• Valid Driver's License
• Acceptable driving record
• Ability to drive for long periods of time
• Ability to travel to other U.S. cities
• Willing to travel and have access to a working vehicle
• Ability to occasionally drive for long periods of time
Desired Skills & Abilities
• Motivation to make a difference in an entrepreneurial environment
• Friendly, approachable, and professional attitude/social skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Self-motivated attitude
• Excellent problem solving/analysis skills
• Enthusiasm to work as part of a dynamic team
• Ability to occasionally work independently or with little supervision
• Flexibility in both schedule and duties
• Passionate about craft beverage industry (Cider, Beer, Wine, Mead)
• Ability to use Microsoft Suite and Internet
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time (especially while
driving); walk; use hands to move cases; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
talk and hear; visually count.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of this position will operate from the road, i.e. while on a route or with accounts. Some
work will be done in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment. Due to the traveling nature of this position, some work will be done remotely. Travel done
outside of the local area may be overnight.
Compensation and Benefits
2 Towns Ciderhouse offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and may
include health insurance, monthly merchandise credit, 401k & profit sharing bonus opportunities,
and paid time off. Benefit eligibility is dependent on job classification and hours worked. Complete
details are outlined in the 2 Towns Ciderhouse Employee Handbook .