Southern Pines Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Position Title: Packaging Technician
Job Description: This position’s primary responsibilities will be the daily packaging of beer into cans and keg packages, operate packaging machinery and the cleaning and sanitation of packaging areas and machinery. The Packaging Technician position is full-time and will report directly to the Director of Brewing Operations. Additionally, the Packaging Technician will work closely with all production departments including Quality Control, Cellaring, and Brewing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Leading a team in producing a high volume of quality beer in a safe and efficient manner.
- Regular attendance in order to work packaging shifts as scheduled by the Director of Brewing Operations.
- Learn, understand, and execute packaging operations according to standard operating procedures.
- Operate machinery following all safety guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to brewery standards.
- Keep the packaging areas and workspaces clean and organized.
- Help out as needed in all other parts of the brewery.
- Perform basic maintenance on machinery to ensure it is functioning safely, properly, and efficiently.
- Communicate all mechanical issues to Director of Brewing Operations.
- Communicate the department’s materials needs to ensure the production schedule is executable.
- Attend weekly production staff meetings.
- Attend special events and brewery staff meetings as requested by the Director of Brewing Operations.
- Maintain packaging tools and materials by storing safely, neatly and in an organized fashion.
- Ensure finished product is safely and neatly stored in the cooler and logged in accurately each day.
- Complete all paperwork and required data entry associated with each duty with 100% accuracy.
- Assist co-workers and cross train in other departments to ensure brewery goals are accomplished.
- Maintains traceability of packaging materials per HACCP protocols.
- Responsible for the continual organizational management of the cold room to ensure maximum utilization and workability of the space.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May be supervising packaging assistants helping on the canning line.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses, and registrations required: recommend experience on forklift and with working on or operating a packaging line.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, Mac IOS, Brewing Software
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- You must be 21 years old to work at Southern Pines Brewing Company.
- Continually required to stand, walk, utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to sit, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell.
- Continual exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environments is usually loud
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: canning line, keg washer/filler machine, forklift, pallet jack, pallet stacker, pallet wrapper.