Key Accounts Manager
Willie's SuperbrewApply for this Job
What’s a “Superbrew”? We made it up. Because nothing tastes quite like it. Willie’s Superbrew is a hard seltzer blended with hundreds of pounds of real fruit. It’s gluten free and low in carbs and calories, like you’d expect from a seltzer, but there is so much more flavor because instead of artificial or “natural” flavors, we’re using real ingredients.
Described by Food & Wine as “for the family member that literally will not drink any beer... dry, surprisingly complex and completely qua able... even the beer diehards in the house will be grabbing for one of these.” We have won multiple gold medals for our recipes in international competitions, were hand-chosen by the Founder & CEO of Chobani to participate in Chobani’s Food Incubator for up and coming food & beverage entrepreneurs, and most recently won the Brewbound Pitch Slam.
It all started when a goat farmer and a surfing neuroscientist met on the beach. They decided they wanted to make the perfect drink for the occasion. Now, we are a small, Boston-based team with heart and hustle unified by our mission to bring real ingredients, transparency, and soul to alcohol. Join us?
At Willie’s, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day. We believe that they are the glue that keeps us all together, and keeps us moving forward, improving, and growing as individuals and as a company:
- Foster Growth
- No B.S.
- Have a Soul
- Be Curious and Innovate
- Live Responsibly
Job Overview: Key Accounts Manager
This position is responsible for growing volume and profitability in assigned Key Accounts across New England and NY State through development of plans and relationships with key retailers. Your two keys goal will be 1) to drive volume and visibility in Key Accounts while 2) building a playbook to scale the program Nationally.
You will directly manage current Key Accounts, including Independent, Regional, and National Chains, and actively pursue new leads in current and future territories. You will be responsible for maximizing promotions and display opportunities, execution of pricing strategies, and improving share of visibility for Willie’s Superbrew (ie. merchandising) and permanent point-of-sale through retail execution and management of distributors.
By understanding local, regional, and national dynamics, you will establish and contribute to strategic plans to continue to drive distribution and visibility of the brand. As a rapidly growing company, you will be required to wear many hats and roll your sleeves up in the field as well as to adapt and work alongside our team, distributor partners, and retail partners.
Desired Minimum Experience
- 5+ years in alcohol/distribution industry
- 3+ years working with Key Accounts
- Additional Experience in Service or Food & Beverage industry a plus.
- Very organized with strong attention to detail
- Great with people
- Excellent communication skills
- Gives and takes feedback and supports the development of others
- Ready and willing to roll up sleeves & wear many hats when needed
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis
- Strong integrity and care about your impact
- Passion for the vision of Willie’s Superbrew
- Ready to work hard, learn a lot, and have a freaking blast
- Develop an annual and quarterly strategic Key Accounts penetration and expansion plan that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Set and manage consistent communication with distributor partners in the territories - including monthly key analysis presentations and frequent communication with your Key Accounts counterparts at each distributor
- Work with the internal sales team to develop and execute Key Accounts programming
- Meet with Key Accounts buyers to present net items and programs, consistently identifying and pursuing new opportunities to increase ROS and brand presence in their accounts
- Stay on top of various paperwork including new item forms, shelf sets, promotion, and pricing forms in a clear and organized manner
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports
- Work with the Sales & Marketing teams, retailers, and our distributor partners to build a launch sequence plan for Key Accounts from pre-launch through launch of new markets
- Work with our Brand Ambassador Program Director to support accounts using the Brand Ambassador program.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals for volume and displays
- Regularly carry out tastings and events in the field as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Flexible paid time off
If Interested, please email Erik Gosh at email@example.com with a resume and a short paragraph on why you are interested in the position.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs. As a fast-growing startup, we need everyone to put on different hats and do what it takes to move this company forward and achieve our goals.