Senior Marketing Manager
WedderspoonApply for this Job
• Develop annual trade and consumer marketing plans/budgets in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
• Work closely with the PR and Social Media manager to ensure that Brand manager’s trade and consumers plans are integrated with and synergistic to the PR and Social Media plan.
• Work closely with sales department to coordinate consumer efforts to align with trade strategies and promotional plans.
• Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Sales departments in each entity.
• Provide leadership in the development of Wedderspoon brand positioning, equity and messaging while ensuring consistent reflection of those elements in all materials.
• Provide input on product innovation funnel and provide programs and materials to ensure strong innovation launches.
• Oversee and direct market research, competitive analyses and consumer service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
• Build, develop and manage projects involving marketing employees and outside agencies capable of carrying out needed marketing and service strategies including Website management, consumer services and creative department.
• Oversee marketing plans for multiple countries with interaction with employees in each time zone.
• Strategic Thinking
• Ability to anticipate Challenges and Opportunities
• Project Management
• Financial Management and Statistical Analysis
• Strong teamwork
• Consumer Focus
• Organizational Skills
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Word, Excel and Power Point
• Presentation Skills
Wedderspoon is an entrepreneurial, fast paced culture. The goal of the position is to educate and inform consumers on the benefits of Manuka Honey and Wedderspoon’s superior quality, taste and transparency from apiary to grocery shelf.
This position currently manages 1-2 employees in the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
The position requires approximately 20% travel. Travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel may be international.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or related field.
• MBA preferred
• Eight years of experience in marketing in food/CGP brand, specialty or natural food experience preferred.
Compensation is commensurate with experience: Salary and Bonus