Director of Beverage Operations
Fullsteam BreweryApply for Job
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Who We Are and What We Do
Fullsteam’s mission: to craft distinctly Southern beer that celebrates the farm and food traditions of the American South. We express our love for community and the land through the Southern Beer Economy. Through the act of commerce -- including our commitment to a living wage for all employees – we foster community and agricultural pride, create wealth, and encourage entrepreneurship within the post-tobacco South.
And though our mission is lofty, we aim to keep it all fun. At the end of the day it's beer: the beverage of celebration, backyard gatherings, good food, and good people.
Fullsteam’s Core Values
1. Think Like an Optimist.
2. Seek Truth and Beauty.
3. Speak with Quiet Confidence.
4. Listen with Empathy.
5. Be Present, Productive, and Fun.
These values aren’t just talking points: they permeate and inform our culture, our hiring, and our decision-making.
Who We’re Looking to Hire
Fullsteam’s Director of Beverage Operations is a disciplined, motivated individual who maintains quality and consistency throughout the production process, while displaying a high degree of teamwork, mentorship, and continual improvement. This position requires a thorough knowledge of all aspects of beer production, including grain handling, brewing, yeast management, filtration, sanitation, cellaring, packaging, and QA/QC. The ideal candidate also has a passion for -- and significant experience in the production of -- other alcoholic beverages, including FMBs, cider/wine, and/or distilled spirits.
• Manage and lead brewhouse, QA/QC, and packaging staff by facilitating a strong team dynamic, hiring great people, and providing ongoing development.
• Oversee and monitor daily production operations, providing assistance to staff as necessary.
• Lead continuous improvement of existing recipes and development of new and innovative recipe formation, in both beer and other beverages.
• Forecast, order, and maintain inventory of raw materials required for beverage production and packaging, and foster relationships with vendors.
• Manage production schedule and labor needs based on current and anticipated inventory and demand.
• Identify technologies and opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
• Work with QA/QC manager to develop and improve program to ensure quality and consistency in finished goods.
• Create, review, and oversee all production SOPs.
• Maintain brewery and production records and input into OrchestratedBeer, Fullsteam’s brewery management software.
• Develop, manage, and implement a preventive maintenance schedule and spare parts inventory for all equipment.
• Develop, maintain, and improve safety processes and initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA, FSMA, and other related standards.
• Spearhead and run foraging operations for local ingredients.
• As needed, serve as a public and media face of Fullsteam's brewing operations.
Skills and Qualifications Needed to Do the Work
• Advanced understanding of all aspects of beverage production, including ingredients and processes.
• Experience creating, experimenting, and brewing innovative styles of beer and other beverages.
• 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in a commercial brewing facility, ideally brewing at least 10,000 bbls annually.
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Fermentation Science, Food Science, or equivalent preferred.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, with experience managing 5+ employees in a manufacturing setting.
• Strong written and math skills.
• Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn OrchestratedBeer software.
• General knowledge of brewery engineering, design, and implementation of equipment and systems.
• Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift or move heavy products ranging from 5lb to 165lb.
• Ability to work in a wide variety of temperatures (30F-110F)
• Desire to make great Southern beer and other beverages.
• Willingness to learn duties as they arise in correlation to growth and expansion.
To apply, visit https://www.fullsteam.ag/mission/contact-us/jobs
Address questions to Amanda Scherle, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org