Vice President of Sales
Deschutes BreweryApply for Job
At Deschutes Brewery, we unapologetically make award-winning, damn tasty beer. We are determined to innovate, challenge the status quo, and be thought leaders at every turn. Our company culture bonds us together and creates conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of core values: Love It or Dump It, One Team One Dream, Blow Our Customers’ Minds, Time for Better Is Now, Celebrate, Crafted for Community and Own It! If you are on our team, it means you are part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Deschutes.
The Vice President of Sales will oversee Deschutes Brewery’s sales department and distributor network. They will drive sales performance through effective business planning, distributor execution support, retail execution oversight, customer relationship management and budget management. They are responsible for establishing the sales targets and developing strategic sales plans to meet the company sales objectives and promote sales growth across the organization.
The successful VP of Sales will be a creative and strategic partner to the business, an outstanding manager and team leader, have strong sales experience, a proven strategic selling approach to building and maintaining sales goals and be a fiscally responsible business driver in helping to develop Deschutes Brewery’s strategic goals. The position sits on Deschutes’ Senior Leadership team. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and works in close partnership with the VP of Marketing.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leads the development and implementation of sales strategies, objectives, goals, and tactics that support the brand, the business, and financial goals.
- Identifies changes in the craft beer/adult beverage market and evaluate, adjust, or redirect strategic objectives accordingly.
- Designs sales strategies that align with our distributors to increase Deschutes Brewery’s share of mind, increase distribution, and increase volume at retail.
- Develops sales strategies that maximize ROI.
- Builds partnerships with distributors, adding more value than competitors through the contributions of peoples, systems, brands, brand support tools.
- Drives strategic sales initiatives and programs in key accounts and continue to improve and maximize retail chain buyer relationships.
- Develops and maintains the highest quality standards of retail executions in order to deliver annual sales goals.
- Maximizes brand growth opportunities across the Deschutes Brewery footprint.
- Ensures quality of brand mix, inventory, size mix and market pricing are set to drive short- and long-term growth and profitability.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to develop innovative sales programs and pricing strategies, build distributor and retailer share of mind, and discover valuable insights on emerging consumer trends.
- Manages budgets to ensure dollars are allocated and spent efficiently and effectively within budgetary parameters; responsible for maintaining these budgets throughout the year, balancing expenditures against volume, and profitability expectations.
- Continuously monitors business and brand health performance using internal and external data resources to identify issues and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction to a talented sales team, ensuring output is of the highest standard with maximum impact.
- Acts as a creative and strategic partner to the business, an outstanding manager and team leader, have strong sales experience and be a fiscally responsible business driver in helping to develop Deschutes Brewery’s strategic goals.
- Develops and executes performance measures including planning and assigning work/responsibilities, developing goals/objectives, and managing overall performance of the sales team.
- Attends conventions, conferences and events; may act as spokesperson for Deschutes.
- Serves as a role model and leader for Deschutes Brewery’s Core Values including workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Need for this Position:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- 15+ years of progressive experience in sales management within consumer products or beverage/alcohol industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – proven ability to think outside the box
- Proven ability to create and lead high-performing sales teams as well as lead cross functional teams
- Decisive problem resolution skills
- Extensive budget and project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to set and exceed aggressive goals
- Thrive in a fast moving yet collaborative environment
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation and influencing skills
- Experience working with senior leadership on complex problems
- Demonstrated knowledge in consumer product research and analytics
And What’s Nice to Have:
- MBA preferred
- 4+ years working in Craft Beer
How to Apply:
- https://deschutesbrewery.applicantpro.com/jobs/ and complete an application.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, July 26, 2019