Director of Sales and Marketing
503 DistillingApply for this Job
Director of Sales and Marketing
503 Distilling is announcing the opening of the position of Director of Sales and Marketing. The Director of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for all sales and marketing efforts that facilitate the growth of our canned cocktails and bottled spirits both inside and outside our home market of Oregon. 503 Distilling is one of the early leaders in the spirits based canned cocktail market and currently operates a production facility and cocktail lounge located in Oregon City, Oregon (suburb of Portland). The person who fills this position will work closely with the management team to develop sales and marketing strategies, hire-train-manage an outside sales force, and develop/achieve company-wide goals. This position reports directly to the CEO of the company.
503 Distilling is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks to hire qualified individuals from all walks of life regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be self-motivated and driven
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess or obtain a valid OLCC Server’s Permit
- Have a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a sales/marketing environment; related experience in a craft spirits, beer or wine context preferred.
- Have a minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership and/or supervisory role; be able to demonstrate personnel management skills
- Possess a strong working knowledge of the three-tier system
- Possess a valid driver’s license or be able to travel to all required events or work locations
- Possesses experience dealing with large national accounts and distributors
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to exchange information with patrons, partners, industry professionals, and coworkers professionally and efficiently; strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Possess strong, detail-oriented organizational and self-motivated time management skills
- Be able to manage project workflows to ensure that deliverables are completed efficiently and on-time
- Be proficient with business information system, various programs and platforms including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, CRM, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Drive, etc.
- Be able to adapt to frequent changes in workload and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive health and vacation benefits
- Spirts and merchandise perks
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan with immediate vest and 4% employer match
- Company profit sharing
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Being able to complete all scheduled shifts and tasks as directed by supervisor
- Developing and implementing management systems to set and track sales and marketing KPIs.
- Hiring, training, scheduling, and managing a working staff of safe, efficient, and well-rounded sales and marketing employees
- Monitoring sales/marketing staff performance; regularly preparing/conducting performance reviews
- Manage relationships and execution of sales strategies with distributors
- Work with operations to develop production forecasts based on sales forecast and orders.
- Develop & execute sales and marketing plans on a market by market basis that align with overall company goals.
- Develop and update marketing programs and sales strategies that support quarterly business objectives
- Plan the launch of new products, manage cross-functional implementations from ideation to shelf placement
- Develop product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to create the highest possible long-term market share
- Demonstrate and apply market intelligence; oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to adapt to a changing market and competitive conditions
- Ensure effective control of marketing/sales results and take corrective action to achieve objectives
- Help facilitate communication with business partners at each step of supply chain in order to ensure the highest possible customer satisfaction.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time in order to manage execution of sales and marketing plans outside of Oregon.
- Work interdepartmentally to build and put into action a long term strategic plan including KPIs and action items for the sales and marketing department
- Oversee the design and all required actions related to stocking and sale of on-premise and online merchandise
Interested applicants, please complete and submit an application, resume, cover letter, and/or design portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at our production facility at 275 Beavercreek Rd, Suite 149 Oregon City, OR. Please feel free to attach any additional materials that will demonstrate why you would be a strong candidate for this position.