Mother-in-Law'sApply for this Job
Mother-in-Law’s Kimchi, the category pioneer of the bestselling kimchi sold in specialty and natural retailers nationally is seeking an Marketing Manager with a passionate vision for our brand strategy, someone who can take what we’ve built to the next level. You should be a highly- motivated, self-driven individual that is excited to spearhead new opportunities in a pioneering category and eager to be a part of a small and nimble team.
Position scope: The Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing multiple marketing strategies, all social media channels, experienced in field marketing and knows what it takes to build in-store retail presence which will be critical component to the role. In addition, you will be managing key strategic trade partnerships, running tradeshow planning and attending consumer facing events. In this role, you will gain valuable experience in the daily operations of a small but fast-growing CPG company, take ownership of marketing initiative and groom for a senior leadership role to build out a marketing team. Reports to Founder/CEO.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create quarterly marketing plan with campaign timelines, launch plans and goals
- Identify and execute on marketing opportunities and new online marketing and third party strategic partnerships
- Own website assets, all visual and branded content of MIL and execute website rebranding launch in 2020
- Oversee all press opportunities, focus on right strategy and respond to PR inquiries to meet deadlines
- Organize press database and create press releases as needed to support product launches and special events
- Work with social media community for branded content for MIL: blogs, articles, and guest posts
- Develop key metrics and ROIs to track the effectiveness of each marketing initiative.
- Process and oversee all e-commerce outbound online order fulfillment using Shopify
- Strategizesocial media content on key channels (Facebook and Instagram – 17k +) including but not limited to – repost content, internally generated content, brand collaborations, recipe development, giveaways, takeovers etc.
- Work with web designer to optimize e-commerce platform to enhance user experience
- Maintain website related to store locator, recipe management (blog posts), press/media updates and any backend issues
- Analyze data reports via Shopify backend and Google Analytics to note sales trends, both in retail outlets and online
- Manage listings on Amazon FBA sales, fulfillment and postings of all salable products online
- Plan and manage the email marketing program to maximize the lifetime value of current customers and convert new customers using automated campaigns, segmentation, and promotions
- Research continuously for competitive information to stay abreast of trends in category
Sales Support, Retailer and Consumer
- Build an overarching in-store branding strategy tailored specifically to each key retailer primarily through in-store demos and digital advertising, etc.
- Geo-target prospective consumers in areas surrounding key retail locations
- Lead and execute in-store demo program, oversee 3rd party demo companies and retailer’s chosen demo companies.
- Play the top role of brand ambassador and primary educator to on-the-ground demo workforce, while also facilitating smooth demo logistics (proper headcount, product, and payment) and attending a small portion of our in-store demos to get a strong sense of customer perception
- Review all branded collaterals, all packaging labels and maintain relationship with key printers, photographers and designers
- Design all marketing and sales collateral by managing external graphic designers/agency and photographers on all branded design projects
- Collaborate with the sales team to create sales presentations, develop brand awareness and product launch plans
- Develop body copy for marketing and sales collateral including sales sheets, labels, recipe cards, SWAG items etc.
- Create consumer marketing campaign and budget for top retail customers to align with trade spend, geographical target and messaging
- Work cross functionally with sales and operations team on new product launches and packaging design
Trade Show and Special Events
- Support sales team with scheduling in-store national demo campaign while managing brand ambassadors
- Create key marketing materials, couponing program and demo kits to promote a successful in-store program
- Build consumer attraction and retention through promotional incentives and loyalty programs
- Fulfill sales sample requests, sales collateral requests and plan/support in-store promotion
Collateral, Package and Website Design
- Organize and manage logistics planning for special marketing sampling events, industry trade shows and tabletop shows
- Identify and manage event participation for consumer facing events and sampling opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts in marketing, communications or related field
- Passion and curiosity about food and CPG industry
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented, with a proven track record of exceeding goals and reporting on performance and insights
- 3-5 years’ experience in CPG industry, packaged food CPG experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, ask questions, meet deadlines and adapt to the unexpected
- Through knowledge of social media and creative mind set
- Analytical and entrepreneurial mindset of problem solving
- Ability to operate in a team environment with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Experience working in small, agile teams, start-up environment with the founder
- Knowledgeable in Shopify, Photoshop, Mail Chimp, MS Office/Excel
Commensurate with experience. A competitive base salary with vacation, healthcare benefits and discretionary year-end bonus.
For more information, please visit www.MILKimchi.com @milkimchi on Instagram.