Bobo's Oat BarsApply for this Job
The Controller position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, compliance, timely execution, and maintenance of the financial records of the business. The position will help guide business and financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing and/or recommending implementation of policies and procedures. The position is accountable for all the accounting operations of the company, to include execution of the accounting close schedule, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, ensuring the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and working to ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. They will monitor financial conditions by conducting internal audits and providing information to external auditors. The position will also be responsible for tax filings, payroll processing, insurance renewals, and corporate related business filings. The position will work closely with and direct aspects of the Staff Accountants responsibilities and will report to the CFO.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide support, direction, and oversight to the Staff Accountant and Office Manager on finance and office organization matters
Qualifications / Education / Experience Desired:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Accounting and Finance
· Minimum 8-10 years of experience in an accounting position preferably in a management controller role
· Experience working with QuickBooks Enterprise
· Experience with e-commerce/Amazon
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
· Strong knowledge of US GAAP
· Understanding of a consumer products business
· Desire to be part of a small business team supporting the growth of an exciting food brand
· Must be able to accurately document information in a timely manner
· Must be able to write and speak, both clearly and effectively
· Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Very strong math skills required
· This position will report to the CFO and work very closely with Staff Accountant and Operations team
· This position is expected to be able to work with minimal oversight at times, and can confidently handle situations on their own
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to travel, must drive a motor vehicle, and effectively communicate using telephone and email.
Very Limited – May be asked to go off-site (locally) for training or company events.