Archer Roose Market Sales Coordinator
Archer Roose WinesApply for this Job
Archer Roose Market Sales Coordinator - Washington, DC based
Archer Roose is a modern wine company seeking to expand its sales team. Our diverse portfolio features artfully crafted wines from all over the world, as well as a series of wine-based seltzers that are perfect for the discerning palate that craves a more sessionable option. All of our products are sustainably and innovatively packaged in both cans and kegs.
As our Market Sales Coordinator, you'll be responsible for telling our story through activations, tastings, and events throughout our retail network. We are looking for influential, well-connected emissaries to speak about our wines.
What We Offer As a Market Sales Coordinator you’ll have the opportunity to grow as we do, all while expanding your knowledge of the winemaking world. You’ll hone your marketing and sales skills while planning events throughout your territory. You’ll strengthen your relationships within the market and expand your professional network. In Addition We Offer
Experience; You will be empowered to own marketing initiatives in your market ? Opportunity; You will be part of a diverse and talented team tasked with representing a brand, promoting an innovative product, and gaining exposure into a wide range of business operations within our company
Development; This role will enable you to develop your marketing, communication, and professional skills
Autonomy; You will have freedom to structure your time to suit the goals given to you, as well as help schedule market time and events.
Who You Are
- A determined leader who is influential and well-connected.
- Able to thrive in an autonomous environment and manage project timelines in an organized fashion.
- Confident, outgoing, and excited to advocate for our wines.
- Knowledgeable of local restaurants and retail shops.
- Skilled in general marketing, promotions, and communication.
- Work an average of 40 hours per week.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Maintain proactive, consistent communication with our Regional Sales Director, networks, and distribution partners.
- Create weekly recaps of activations, events and account visits for Regional Sales Director and Distribution partners.
- Build brand and product awareness utilizing our social media presence and network.
- Identify relevant influential people and groups around your market.
- Strengthen relationships between Archer Roose and local retailers/restaurants.
- Store and transport activation materials and promotional items.
- Execute key tastings, staff trainings, and retail activations at local bars, restaurants, and liquor stores as well as select festivals and events
- Provide feedback and analysis of all activations to determine their efficacy in helping to grow our brand.
- Support our partners in retail and restaurant.
- Market Work alongside distributor sales representatives in the market.
- Maintain a key account list and develop personal relationships with key buyers/owners and managers in both on and off premise channels.
- Activate menu placements, features, events, and staff trainings on premise.
- Use Social Media platforms to promote activities and highlight partner accounts where legal.
- Assist in preparing for and executing sales meetings to the distributor sales force.
- Follow through on all merchandising commitments made to distributor management, sales personnel, and the trade.
- Identify sales opportunities within designated territory to acquire new accounts and expand existing placements.
- Coordinate with distributor to open/activate accounts not within the distributors account universe.
- Identify and contact key decision makers using diverse methods and tools (cold calling/visit, social media, events, etc.).
- Use of CRM system to manage leads and opportunities.
- Champion the on premise trade by managing lists of targeted account activations with urgency and intention.
- Communicates account orders directly to appropriate distributor partners in real time.
- Operates via all guidelines and restrictions imposed by the ABCC within territory at all times.
- Grow and develop your territory to meet prescribed sales goals.
- Occasionally travel throughout the Texas Market to assist in priority sales months.
Existing Customer Development:
Tailor our value proposition to increase business with existing customers / maximize penetration rate in a customer outlet (share of shelf).
Maintain and nurture relationships with key decision makers after the initial purchase to build partnership.
- Maintain calendar of activities and promotions ensuring distributor and third-party agency communications.
- Legal Drinking Age (21+)
- Have a valid driver's license and transportation to tasting locations
- Interest in marketing, event planning, sales or related field
- Socially connected and influential with the ability to leverage social media
- A clear understanding and passion for our brand and products
- Previous event/ Brand Ambassador experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, particularly public speaking.
- Attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Have an outgoing, energetic, confident personality.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, along with a flexible work schedule with notice.
- Certified Cicerone or Certified Beer Server is considered a plus.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, stores and festivals, some of which may be outdoors.
- The candidate must fully understand that they are a representative not only of Archer Roose, but of the alcohol beverage industry. Associates are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of Archer Roose. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by termination.
- Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 50 lbs. of kegged wine from one location to another by sliding it on the floor.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver's license check.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures of the worksite.
Disclaimer This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Archer Roose is an Equal Opportunity Employer