Twelve Percent BrewingApply for this Job
Twelve Percent Brewing
We are imminently opening up a new brewery in the New Haven CT area, and we are looking for an experienced head brewer to join our team. We are searching for an individual who can join our senior team as we start up this facility, and be responsible for and included in various high-level decisions, including hiring, purchasing of new equipment and establishing the right way to operate our brewery.
The facility features an extremely versatile brew system, automation in select areas, a grain silo, and robust canning and barrel-aging capabilities.
You will be responsible for operating our brewhouse and cellar. Daily operations include wort production, yeast and fermentation management, dry hopping, bright beer production, and quality control work. The ability and willingness to work long (up to 12 hour) shifts on a rotating basis that includes nights and weekends is required, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Essential Brewing Duties and Responsibilities
• Yeast and fermentation management
• Dry hopping
• CIP of tanks
• Quality Assurance & Quality Control checks
• Accurate record-keeping
• Wort production
• Assistance with regulatory compliance
• Coordination with the Operations Manager on scheduling, maintenance, and other duties.
• Travel (within two hours driving) will periodically be required.
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge & Skills
• Strong brewing science and engineering understanding
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
• Experience in a fast-paced work environment
• Comfortable with constantly changing production priorities
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to adhere to safety & quality procedures
• Ability and willingness to work day, night and weekend shifts
• Must be able to repeatedly lift objects up to 55 pounds and move objects up to 150 pounds
• Must be able to work for extended periods standing in hot, cold, wet, loud conditions.
We offer a generous benefit package which includes health and dental insurance, 401K match, and paid vacation. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We would consider covering relocation expenses for the right candidate.
We have an unusual business model and this is a unique opportunity for the right individual. If you think you may be the right person, please send a resume and cover letter email@example.com