Category Brand Manager
Cacique Inc.Apply for this Job
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking for a passionate marketer to become our next Category Brand Marketing Manager. As a Category Brand Marketing Manager at Cacique, you will be leading the management of one or more of our categories. This role requires key leadership in marketing activities including the development and launch of new products, building and updating brand reviews and customer presentations, forecasting, analyzing market performance data, P&L management, SKU rationalization, project management and the development and execution of marketing plans. You will also interface with, and often lead cross-functional teams (Sales, R&D, Finance, Business Intelligence, Regulatory and Packaging, etc.) on initiatives and participate on a cross-category team.
- Category leadership in planning and executing marketing plans for category/segment within the Company and the associated budget through:
- Understanding brand equity and competitive advantage
- Identifying category opportunities
- Managing brand positioning
- Packaging development and project management
- Advertising, promotion and public relations -Shopper marketing (consumption, promotion, merchandising development)
- Evaluating results of marketing programs and making recommendations
- Anticipate, identify and analyze consumer and market trends and opportunities to maximize Cacique's competitive position.
- Develop a keen understanding of the Competition, Customers and Consumers; as well as a complete understanding of the brand and individual SKU performance in the market.
- This includes analysis of multiple data sources.
Key activities include:
- Data analysis to understand category/SKU results and trends, competitive performance and consumption trends
- Turn data into actionable insights to improve brand performance
- Sales and customer interaction to understand customer needs and opportunities
- Sourcing and sharing competitive intelligence
- Recommend and work with the Consumer Insights Manager to conduct needed marketing research
- Partnering with executive leadership, assist in the development, maintenance and overall management of the category to maximize sales and profit potential including:
- Renovation of existing products
- Launch of new products and line extensions
- SKU rationalization
- Pricing review and recommendations
- Financial Management:
- Understand the category budgets and business plan objectives through ongoing tracking and analysis including:
- Review of product, customer, and category plans to manage financial return of the category/brand
- Analyze financial impact of new products and product improvements
- Lead brand reviews with company leadership
Strategic and Process Acumen:
- Lead the development of category strategies and plans including:
- Lead development of the strategic plan and annual operating plan for the category
- Prepare for and participate in ongoing joint sales & marketing planning process
- Participate in the development of the annual marketing plan for the category
Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field required, Master’s preferred.
- Command of understanding and interpreting syndicated data from IRI or Nielsen
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a category/brand management role.
- Demonstrated financial skills to include basic analysis.
- Solid communication skills to include verbal and written capabilities; strong presentation ability.
- Experience in the food industry a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership, taking initiative and delivering results.
- Ability to lead and facilitate key customer interactions.
- Demonstrated success in managing and directing change.
- Ability to influence others through analysis and presentation.
- Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Travel required. Up to 25%.
Cacique was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2018 and 2019 by the Great Place to Work Institute.
- All Teammates are bonus eligible.
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- 401K Plan
- Gym Discounts
- Pet Insurance