Brewing Supervisor, Cellar and QA Operations
Isle Brewers Guild, LLCApply for this Job
Brewery Supervisor- Cellar Operations
Isle Brewers Guild, LLC – Pawtucket, RI
Isle Brewers Guild is hiring a Brewery Supervisor - Cellar Operations, at our Pawtucket Rhode Island facility. This is a full-time position reporting to the VP of Operations. The Brewing Supervisor will execute all production activities in every aspect of cellar and quality operations. This is a hands-on position requiring exceptional technical skills including active participation and management of all laboratory and cellar equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Direct management of Cellar and QA team.
- Safely and efficiently performs tasks in grain handling, brewhouse, cellar, centrifugation, laboratory, cellar, and all other operations to process and clarify beer for timely release to packaging operations.
- Perform all tasks related to yeast propagation, pitching, analysis, cropping, storage, fermentation monitoring, and all cellar related activities.
- Perform quality assurance testing, sensory testing and GMP documentation of all activities.
- Successfully perform initial and ongoing training and ensure personnel compliance with safety regulations and SOP’s for all activities in the facility.
- Lead and actively participate in daily shift meetings to review expectations, plan tasks, and communicate and discuss Key Performance Indicators to track performance in Safety, Quality, On-time Delivery and Costs.
- Ensure that the brewery and cellar are always clean and organized.
- Communicate and report production questions and issues, and follow up with management.
- Report all accidents, near misses, and safety concerns to management. Actively participate in the company safety culture.
- Be a positive, professional collaborator ready to communicate and cooperate with Isle Brewers’ multiple internal and external brewing partners.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and/or diploma from a recognized brewing training program, and/or 5 years’ directly related experience in a production brewery.
- Must have at least 3 years’ cellar experience including operating yeast propagation and handling processes.
- Computer literacy and experience with internet, Microsoft software programs (word & excel.)
- Flexible schedule
Isle Brewers Guild, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Pre-employment background check required.