Assistant Brewer - Production Facility Expansion - Meadowlands NJ (Greater NYC area) - Bolero Snort Brewery
Bolero Snort BreweryApply for this Job
Assistant Brewer / Lab Technician
Bolero Snort Brewery started as a contract/gypsy brewing company operating a self distribution network throughout New Jersey. Over the years, we have increased our footprint throughout the state while expanding into the New York City, Philadelphia, and Boston markets. Our primary focus has been to produce high quality, exciting products in line with our marketing strategy and culture, with a heavy emphasis on balance and approachability. With six plus years in the business, we have finally broken ground on our own 16,000 sf brewing facility, with a 30bbl American manufactured brew house and pilot system, in the Meadowlands of New Jersey, just 5 miles from Midtown Manhattan. As our business has expanded so have our roles. We are looking to staff an assistant brewer ready and excited to help usher in this new and momentous expansion.
The Assistant Brewer / Lab Technician iwill work hand in hand with the head brewer and operations team brewing beer and maintaining the cellar. The Assistant Brewer / Lab Technician will also be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the in-house laboratory, while working with the operations team to ensure all lab work is performed in accordance with SOPs and results recorded in a timely fashion.
The Assistant Brewer / Lab Technician reports directly to the Head Brewer and will perform the following tasks;
- Develop new and innovative experimental products for regular release, which includes utilizing; a vast array of hop varieties, a wide range of yeasts/bacteria for various fermentation and souring methods, including wood ageing, a variety of secondary raw ingredients.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining the QA/QC programs in accordance with the SOPs.
- Responsible for the quality and consistency of the product.
- Work collaboratively with senior management to develop, implement, and maintain SOP’s and QA/QC expectations.
- Responsible for all necessary record keeping.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment.
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety standards of the facility, equipment, and employees.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills/Knowledge Education:
- High school or equivalent, College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Laboratory experience required.
- Commercial brewing experience preferred.
- Brewing specific post-secondary education, or post-secondary education in related fields is preferred.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate people while working collaboratively with leadership.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to multitask and prioritize situations that require immediate attention
- Extensive knowledge of materials and equipment used within beer production
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Accountable for results
- Ability to effectively problem solve, overcome production related obstacles
- Possess desire to grow with the organization
- Display a strong sense of urgency in all areas of the role
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety regulations and Company standards
- Assist with training of new employees to company standards and operational activities
- Promote and role model positive feedback and constructive forms of identifying opportunities for improvement though all levels of the company
- Aid in fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment
- Physically demanding
- Physical requirements of the role: carrying/lifting heavy items, transferring/lifting or pushing items, working in awkward positions, operating heavy equipment, or holding body in one position for a prolonged periodf
- Ability to lift 150lb repetitively throughout a shift
- Standing for long periods of time in a warehouse environment
- Ability to climb and descend stairs.
To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Assistant Brewer / Lab Technician. Also feel free to send anything else along that you think might help you stand out from the crowd (we’re always looking to source new bull puns).
Thank you for interest in Bolero Snort and for taking your time to review this posting! Only potential candidates will be contacted back for an interview.